• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greeting From the great white north ;)

VinylLabs.com

Hey guys, stumbled on this site while searching for a problem I had. and I decided to register, I'm a lurker of many sites and very rarley register ;)

I guess I'll write a few words about myself and my company.

I'm a :Canada 2: who enjoys everything to do with computers, I worked at my aunts place for a year while she was working on signs, one day she desided to close her company, and when she did I decided it's something I would like to persue. I opened up my company in the back of my dad's video store, and started doing small things. Unfortunalty, it's been a year now and I'm still doing small things, and REALLY not making any money. so it ends up the logical thing to do right now is for me to drop my company and enter back into the workforce while doing things part time, or figure something else out :(

anywhoo, nice to be on board, and I'll definatly be stopping here on my daily internet runs :U Rock:

Kell

Hi...not a Hab fan are you?
rolleyes.gif

From a fellow
smilie_flagge17.gif

Marlene

Hi from Vermont. I'm still bummed about Patrick Roy and John LeClair leaving the Habs, Haven't been to a game since (of course, no one's been to a game this year!!) Love the Habs so much that I named my cat Habs and my ferret Patrick Roy.:Canada 2:

VinylLabs.com

kell: of course I'm a habitants fan ;) the rink is a block from my shop :) and like Marlene, I havent been to a game (or watch as much) since Roy left. I was watching the game when he got in a fight with the coach. they should have gotten rid of him, not our goalie!

thanks for the welcomes guys :)

edit: I really wish I found this site a year ago when I opened up shop. I'm closing my shop now and moving to my bedroom :(

even though it was only ~100 srq feet, It felt like i had a buisness.

Kell

Yes, I saw that game too...Mr. Roy seemed a bit big for his britches that day....great goalie, bad attitude. I miss the old Habs/Nordiques rivalry as well as the Oiler/Flames battles. :eek:(

Welcome mon ami!

Marlene

If you've ever noticed, most of the star players on other teams are ex-Habs! If they only held on to them can you say "dream team". The first year John LeClair had his golf tournie, I got to design and make all the signs for it. I also was invitied to the dinner where i got to meet some of the players. It was so great to shake the hands of hockey's greatest.

Kell

Actually Marlene...all the great players are ex Edmonton Oilers...
wink.gif

Sorry but being a Bruin fan has made it difficult to like the Habs...they just beat us way too often :eek:(

Scott Reynolds

When I think Roy, all I think about is his last game when he gave up something like 9 points to the Wings! He kicked and cryed like a baby. Kell is right, great goalie, bad attitude.

Marlene

Roy may have cried and kicked like a baby, but he gave of years of fun watching him play. My brother-in-law's brother is from the same township as Roy and they were in training together. He claims to have been a better player than Roy but was passed over, you want to talk about cry like a baby. If he was really as good or better than Roy, how come you've never heard of David Foster, the great goal tender? Now that's a cry baby! Loved to watch Roy do the butterfly and talk to the goal posts, can't get much better than that. Too bad there are so many expansion teams now as it cut down the number of times Boston and Montreal got together. Those where the days.

jimdes

Although the NHL has always been an evolving and expanding league the boon in the late eighties gave players the upper hand and created a greed factor that is out of control. I'm very happy watching the AHL now and will continue to do so even if the NHL plays again. I love my Bruins but I love my Pirates even more!

Jon Aston

Salut!:Canada 2: et Bienvenue!

I lived in Montreal for about three years (worked for GRAPHIQUE ND QUEBEC LTEE as a matter of fact) and ABSOLUTELY loved it...in summer (Freakin'HATED it in winter).

People watching while you spend an afternoon sipping beer on a terrace on Rue St-Denis...aaaaah....now THAT is the life, n'est-ce pas?

When I was a kid, one of the perks of a hockey tourney I played in (in Montreal) was to go to a Habs/Bruins game in the Forum. It was just a meaningless game during the season, really, but you wouldn't have known it! Great hockey in a GREAT hockey building, in a GREAT hockey town. Standing room only, in the "nosebleeds"...and LOUD. I'll never forget it.

Kell

Jon I envy you, I'm not sure what year you saw the game but I would have loved to go to a Bruins/Habs game back in the 70's...two other arenas I'd like to hit before I'm gone would be Detroit and Chicago as long as the games are between teams from the Original Six.