• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

greetings from sunny south africa

brent brooks

A BIG hello from Cape Town, South Africa,

Thanks alot for a wonderful forum, the expertise and knowledge
available here is astounding.

I was born into the sign trade
I'm 27 years old and have been in the sign industry for about 20years
I started hand lettering just as soon as I could read. I've been through it all, gold leafing, screen printing, metal working, neon glass bending, woodworking, vehicle wrapping, computerised graphic design, CNC routing
and large format printing to name a few. I'm no expert at any one discipline, like they say " Jack of all trades, master of none". I still have a hell of alot to learn, and I have a feeling that I've come to the right place.
With the kind of expertise in this place i'm sure i'll be a super sign maker in no time.

I'm currently working with a Mimaki JV3 160 printer and the CG FX plotter,
as well as a Summagraphics T1300.
I'm also using a Gerber AR600 CNC router for all my flat cut out letters.
I'm fairly well versed in most software apps such as Flexi Sign, Sign Lab, Adobe Illustrator, Freehand and photoshop. But I am a seasoned CorelDraw user, and the Corel software suite is my first choice.

Thanks once again for a wonderful forum and I hope that I too can be of some assistance.:thankyou:

brent brooks

Welcome!! Are you ready for the world cup?

Hi Thanx for the welcome. The world cup preparations are well on their way, it's going to be a stunner!! The governments going haywire upgrading infrastructure and services, I'm not complaining it's more work for me! Just a pity it's so damn difficult to get tickets. Buying a ticket is literally like winning the lottery; locally you can only get them at the branches of First national bank through an application proccess. You pay upfront, fill out a 5page application form which then gets electronically captured and tossed in a digital box with about 3000 other applicants if you just happen to be the ONE name selected out of that 3000 then WHOOPDY-DOO! if not you'll have to wait till the entire selection process is complete to get your money back!

Lucky for you guys the exchange rate is in your favor, the tickets were priced more in favor of the foreign supporters making the prices far out of reach for most locals.

Let's hope all goes well