• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gs6000

judead

Bought a new GS6000 and I will try to post more on the difference. Had a Mimaki jv3 160s. Got a good deal on the equipment as it was 5 months old.

Hopefully will post up pics of work vs mimaki and espon...

judead

Well I bought a rc1900 I think laminator royal sovereign, Mimaki cg130FXII, and the Epson GS6000 all only five months old for 18,500.

I think I stole it, but dunno...

astro8

It's most likely a RS(C, H) 1400 or a 1650?..mostly only ever hear good things about them..I have a GBC 1650..pretty similiar type machine and it does a great job...I've used the FX mimaki cutters and they all did a great job. The GS6000..You'll be grinning from ear to ear once you see a print out of it.

judead

Well I stayed up for 2 days straight drove straight there to pick up the printer. I woke up early the next day to get to work and didn't get the two ink cartridges I needed until 2 that day. I finally got some prints out of it late, but the printer wasn't set up with colorburst quite yet. I am obviously having some issues with the color setup. I used a eye one pro to do setup. It is closer, but still a little off for the most part. It prints awesome though very crisp clear and clean lines. This thing so far is living up to its hype. I just need to take more time in getting the linearization correct and the color profiles. More to come...

lzubieta

Hi,

We are looking at the GS6000 as well. Does anyone here know how it compares to the MIMAKI JV-160? PROS and CONS?

GoodPeopleFlags

We got one about a month ago and it's awesome!!! The only complaint I have is the way the media is loaded. There's no bar in the back to set the rolls on. It's got these 2 things on either end that slide to accomodate the different widths of material and they fit inside the cores of the rolls. That's all that holds it. So, loading a brand new roll of banner material is a 2 - 3 person job and not easy. On our first big roll of banner material, the core on one end had gotten a little crushed in shipping so that was a real pain to get the holder thing to fit on it.

The other thing I'm noticing is that Burgundys print with a wavy pattern in it. Weird.

Other than that, it's freakin' awesome! :thumb:

judead

It walks on the jv-160S that I have. I am going to sell the jv3 soon since I know the gs6000 works better. All pros for the 6000 it prints better, faster, and not as much time in maintenance. Don't have to re-align the heads after a couple weeks. You are right the holder in the back seems to be the only thing they skimped on. It is almost like they said well we did all this awesome work on a printer now what do we do back here? :p Other than that the printer works great. The wavy patters you are referring too is the interweave which keeps banding down. Sounds like you either have too much ink not enough or wrong profile or are printing on material that wasn't designed for solvent ink...

Dogvan

I could see the weave pattern in a pure black job, the first imperfection I had noticed. I was also dissatisfied with the opacity of the print. I rectified it by cranking it up to 16p 1440x1440 to dump a ton of ink on it. It took forever and gassed up the office, so I will look into some other tweaks next time. There is a setting to treat b&w images as CMYK (instead of default RGB) and I may try cranking up ink limiting a bit or maybe converting the b&w to CMYK and specifying values.

This was on 3M 7725, for which there was no profile, so I used the 180-10 (old ones).

Dogvan

Oh make sure to print your pantone charts over silver metallic and gold metallic. I swear the crazy tones you get look just like manufactured films. I ran some gradients of magenta and purple over a scrap of light blue metallic and I was really amazed.

judead

That is good to know.

I have been meaning to post up some work, but the work I have been doing as of late has been for companies that wouldn't want me to show off the work.

I will try to show some prints that it has done that shows off its capabilities. I put a mural on a box for a guy that wanted his racecar on it. I am not big on the car that was printed, but the picture was incredible.

More to come... Promise...

ColesCreations

We are considering buying one from the US, as we save 1000's. Any cons to doing this? We'll lose the warranty, but will have good phone support and get good price on inks and parts.
Is it hard to install by your own? (I did install and configure our JV3...)
Anyone had anything break on these?