• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Handicap parking sign pricing

Big EZ Signs LLC

Howdy all, just trying to get a reality check here on some signs I just bid. I've attached images below, but it's basically a 3 panel handicap parking sign on u-channel post set in a 6" steel bollard pole filled with concrete. We're supposed to install the bollard, and the sign. I bid it at $1075 for the whole thing (not including install labor), but I want to make sure I'm not overpriced. Thoughts?

Attachments

• handicap_sign_detail.jpg
    handicap_sign_detail.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 198

Medina Signs

Old Member
$1075.00 seems a little high to me for parts. I would calculate cost at about 300-350 plus your markup. So call it $700.00. Installation is a different story, call it 500.00 - so you are at $1200.00 installed.
In my opinion. -but I may be low.

Billct2

Last time I priced 6" galvanized pipe for a bollard install like this I was shocked, it was hundreds. If you're pricing it without install how do you handle the bollard w/uchannel? Do you just supply the parts or do you have to provide the bollard with uchannel concreted in place? Either way, the price doesn't sound off to me. Delete the bollard and it's a piece of cake.

Precision

8' U channel posts purchased this week cost $30.75 each in California (most expensive state in the nation, if you ask me).

Big EZ Signs LLC

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. For the bid, we are to provide all 3 panels, the 12' U-channel post, the 9' sch40 6" steel pipe, and fill it all with concrete. I took the price of all materials, doubled it, added my profit margin on it, and that's how I came to the $1075 not including installation. The 6" sch40 pipe is almost $400 for the 9' I would need, so that adds a significant cost.

Big EZ Signs LLC

Just a little update: it turns out I was using Galvanized steel when pricing the 6" Sch40 pipe. Knocking it down to Hot Rolled Steel dropped the cost significantly.
Of course the punchline is the customer asked me to drop the bollard poles entirely. Now the cost is $215 a sign (retail).