• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Happy Halloween everyone

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Do you have more or fewer trick or treaters? Seems like we get less and less every year. Plenty of kids in the neighborhood

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We only got a handful, but weren't really advertising that much.

Our 16 month old son went trick or treating at one of the malls since it was so cold out, was a zoo in there!

We did go to my wife's sister's place later on in the night, and there were hundreds of kids on each street. I guess some areas are more densely populated with kids and some areas pay out more.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My neighborhood was jam packed... but it's a new neighborhood that is geared towards families... and we're near a poor area so those kids come in.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We just moved and this was our first halloween In our new neighborhood....we got no trick or treaters. But out here the lots are big and it's not as densely populated.
The price of candy has gotten insane.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Since we moved to the country 37 years ago, we've only had 1 tricker treater about 5 years ago. We didn't have any candy, so my wife got some cookies outta the cupboard and put them in a plastic bag for him.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
We just moved into a new house so this was our first Halloween at this house as well. We moved from one end of the town to the other and we normally would get 20 to 30 groups with around 5 kids per group. Last night we got 2 groups with a total of 3 kids.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I had about 100 trick or treaters - about the same as other years. I dressed up like IT's sister. Scared a few little kids so it was a good day!

Boudica

Trunk or treating is ruining the old trick or treating. People drive to a parking lot and do it there instead. It's easier to do but kills the magic.
we went to one of those once - I thought it was pretty cool, seeing people dress up their cars all goofy, they had hot chocolate, a tractor pulling a trailer full of hay for a hay ride, and a big potluck in the basement. My kiddo wasn't impressed though, she said it ruined halloween. She thought it was more fun to knock on doors. So we didn't go to any more.

Boudica

Never heard of this concept! Is it pretty new?
nah, it's been around for awhile, but it's been getting more and more popular in the past few years. Now just about every church holds one. except for JW - but they aren't allowed to celebrate halloween.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
nah, it's been around for awhile, but it's been getting more and more popular in the past few years. Now just about every church holds one. except for JW - but they aren't allowed to celebrate halloween.

Interesting. Must be a US thing...us canadians prefer to run around and freeze our asses off I guess! (Already have almost a foot of snow on the ground)

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Our neighborhood did the trunk or treat thing 2 weeks ago. Our church used to do it... it's been a big thing for at least the last 10-15 years.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I heard of it during covid but the covid didn't scare us, town was just as busy as any other year.