• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Harddrive problems on HP Scitex FB500

netsol

No. If you get the SATA drive with the image. Buy an IDE drive and just image it across. That's what I did in the past. But I no longer have the machine or the image.

youll need a pc with an IDE and SATA port but wont need to change the printer.
there are bit by by bit copying programs that are"partition scheme agnostic" they can copy anything

i have a machine from csc in california (he invented the modern ide partitioning scheme, and was the sole seagate servicer of hard drives for almost 20 years)
it can copy any proprietary partitioning scheme

for SATA & SAS you need to use a software solution.

i have been told those weird little cloning devices running linux on a chip can sometimes work wonders, but i am not sure, you would have to try it

sbergman

We owned an FB550 for 3 years. At some point HP warranty accidentally sent us a HDD - part "L1Q41-67086". We have since sold the machine, but I still have the HDD. It is in the wrapper and never used. If you PM me I am sure we can work something out and I can Fed Ex out today.

Maandeev

Hello Everyone

I am going through the HDD problem on hp scitex fb 550. does anyone has an ISO for the firmware or the software that I can load on my HDD and get my machine up. I have fb 550 stuck at HP logo during boot up. I am pretty sure that it is due to the corrupt software. Please give a link from where I can get the software. Thanks.

sonnyphoto

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone

I am going through the HDD problem on hp scitex fb 550. does anyone has an ISO for the firmware or the software that I can load on my HDD and get my machine up. I have fb 550 stuck at HP logo during boot up. I am pretty sure that it is due to the corrupt software. Please give a link from where I can get the software. Thanks.
Does the 550 use the same hard drive as the 500?

Maandeev

That sounds good. I installed a new board. can I get the image?
It is not possible to make an image of the HDD. it is better you get a new one. I got a new hard drive and cloned it using third party cloning software. my machine is running on a cloned HDD now.

Mogtr

My FB500 had a sata HDD, which I believe failed.

I purchased a working IDE hard drive out of a used machine.

I took an image off this IDE HDD using free online software. I purchased a cheap SSD 256GB of Amazon and put this image onto it.

It works really nicely in my machine and boots quicker than before.

I have the image file it’s 130GB however, for anyone that’s stuck.