• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hardware to use on refurbished church signage?

nolanola

Hello -
We recently cleaned up 2 signs for a church: repainted trim / new plexi / new hardware / etc etc.

We are not sure what hardware to use to keep the plexi covers down?
There was no existing hardware when we started on these but the covers blow around in the wind.
The signs are quite old. Any ideas here would be appreciated.

Check out pictures attached.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 258
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 213
  • image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 208
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 209

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe the hole in the lip will match up with the hole in the sign face and there is a locking mechanism that fits in there to make the sign vandal proof. You might hafta contact the manufacturer or fabricate one yourself.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Easiest way would be to take accurate measurements, stuff it with a dowel that size, drill it and put a threaded screw insert in it and bolt it closed. You can use a small fender washer to help. It won't be locking, but it'll work.

Otherwise, just about any church sign manufacturer can send you some if you have those exact measurements. They're all relatively the same.​

unclebun

Normally those have a lock at the center bottom. That one doesn't appear to have a lock. However I see three black grommets/holes in the plastic sign face that line up with holes in the metal frame. It might just be that you put a screw in each of those holes that threads into the grommet.

player

There are tamper proof nuts and bolts that are used on municipal signs that might offer some tamper protection. A special tool is needed to turn the nut.