• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

has anyone ever made or know where to get a large paper shredder?

Vohaul

i get a huge amount of waste and it fills up my garbage cans quick...and since i do most of my assmbly in my basement.(and garage).and have to haul my own garbage to our rural landfill, .i was wondering if anyone had ever made / seen a paper shredder that fits on a large trash can...(like the ones with wheels for household trash)

thinking it would be a lot more efficient and clean...

input?,,,ideas? im open to diy ideas too

Thanks

Paul

Vohaul

i just finished doing that with my laminator waste roll.....4 bags of garbage later......:)....just thinking it would be more efficient to shred it all.....tidier and longer times between dumping

Gino

Premium Subscriber
At home we have a burn barrel. We're allowed to burn the first weekend of the month without having to obtain a special fire permit. Unless you have some sort of incinerator, I wouldn't do it in your house or the back yard. We do it year-round up in the field.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We hire a service once in a while. They drive their truck out and shred our accumulated paper products on the spot. Don't know the cost though and may not be available in all areas.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You burn PVC?

Sure, why not ?? Don't you ??

No, he was only asking about a paper shredder, so that's what I was answering. All the other stuff, we have 5 large bins out back of our shop and this company comes, picks them up, empties them and we get paid on Cor-X, PVC, acrylic, cardboard and ACM and aluminum cutoffs.​

netsol

Premium Subscriber
30 years aho i bought a german made shredder at a bancruptcy auction. cost me $50.
it had a 1/2 horse capacitor start motor and 2 v belts & could shred 1" of paper and metal clips

used it until 3 years ago. i was too cheap to have a machine shop make me a replacement shaft. anything comparable on ebay (not working) goes well over $500

lesson learned...

Vohaul

as an update, i found a couple diy videos of people that made standard paper shredders on youtube..i might play and upscale it a bit..(i love tinkering with stuff....)

ill see how it works out.....

Johnny Best

We use Harold. You can't turn your back on him.
goat2.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
When we moved the shop we had a ton of banner material to get rid of.
Rented a gas powered chipper shredder thinking to get more into each dumpster run.
Did not work. Banners killed that shredder quick.

simplepickle

High Quality Custom Promotional Products
The best paper shredders on Amazon, from cross-cut to micro-cut shredders to ... “I bought this to shred an ever-accumulating pile of paper. .... With micro-cut, anyone wanting to reassemble my documents will have to employ a lot ... You know as well as I do that '6-sheet shredder' of just about any brand is ...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I roll the paper and use it for transporting or shipping. Any extra I roll up and toss so as not to take up space in trash. I hate the idea of burning trash....very harmful to the environment. When you fly on an airplane you sometimes see these massive smoke columns dispersing way into the air, and realize its someones burn pile on the ground...no no :(

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I roll the paper and use it for transporting or shipping. Any extra I roll up and toss so as not to take up space in trash. I hate the idea of burning trash....very harmful to the environment. When you fly on an airplane you sometimes see these massive smoke columns dispersing way into the air, and realize its someones burn pile on the ground...no no :(

Hahahaaa... I'm not talking about setting a landfill on fire. The amount of paper, cardboard and other burnable items we burn do not even generate enough smoke to send out signals, let alone be seen from an airplane. I will not burn any plastic products, rubber, carpeting or anything other than paper type products. You can't recycle much better than that.

What or where are you tossing your extra rolled up stuff, not gong in the trash ?? It hasta go somewhere..... correct ??​