• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anyone had this problem with their Summa cutter? (or it's native software)

threeputt

The machine is a D-series S75. Love the darn thing.

Today for some reason, it won't "see" the first registration mark. (the job is a Print/Cut job) Hunts around for it and quits.

Jeff and I have checked everything we know to do.

Any comments very welcome!

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Threeputt,

If you could PM me a good contact number I will have someone from support call you to help troubleshoot. I'm sure it's something simple, and our guys should be able to figure it out.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@summa.us

Auburnpeanut

threeputt

We used to have some summa d series machines 750 pro if I remember correctly. Ours had the ability to raise the laser eye up out of the way when not in use by turning a little silver knob. It didn't move much so it wasn't always noticeable. But it made it not work. Everytime ours had problems it turned out some fool had accidentally bumped it and raised it up.

FatCat

threeputt

We used to have some summa d series machines 750 pro if I remember correctly. Ours had the ability to raise the laser eye up out of the way when not in use by turning a little silver knob. It didn't move much so it wasn't always noticeable. But it made it not work. Everytime ours had problems it turned out some fool had accidentally bumped it and raised it up.

Yup, and also check that there is no lint/fuzz/smudge/debris on the bottom of the eye.

Conor Knoxx

on mine.... there's a little set-screw on each side of the arm that holds the eye. These had come loose, so it would wobble all over and miss the mark. Snugged them up, and all good.
A second problem (still to this day, 3 years later...) I've calibrated it - yet I always have to start it out a good 1/8 inch below the actual mark, instead of right on it or it just won't find it. This happened about a year after I got it. Now I "know" so I just allow for it every time, and it works perfect.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Check to see it the eye is dropping down when the carriage goes all the way to the left.
I had to adjust mine a little.

Or just call Summa support. They are easy to deal with.