HDO plywood

Wild Hare

I just had a customer drop off a sheet of HDO. Works for the gov. and says must be HDO, rather than MDO what I have in stock. Anyway one side looks like cheap knotty pylwood and the other side had the paper backing. I always thought that the paper side was the back. Can I paint the paper side like normal and use that surface as the front?

J Hill Designs

Major Contributor
MDO comes three ways - resin, primed, or enameled...or variations thereof (resin/prime for instance - resin 1 side, prime 1 side)

Wild Hare

OK, I guess that question made me sound stupid. But I always order my MDO primed, and this is HDO so it threw me.


Very Active Member
hey if he is from the government and dropped it off thats what you need to use i wouldnt have even questioned it....cause they know best