• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

head clogged

technowolf

Hi
like all printer my black head has had clogged lines for a while put know it is getting worse. Tried the syringe and overnight soak, multiple cleaning, but just does not seem to do it, Im thinking of ordering a new one but before I was thinking is there another way to clean de head by taking it out of the printer??
thanks
:Canada 2:

sfr table hockey

Could not see what printer you had from your home page but make sure that its not just plugged drain lines causing the pump not to load ink into the head propper.

If you can you could try to fill an old damper with some cleaning fluid and put it in place on the black head and do a couple cleanings and wait, then do a couple more. Replace with the original damper and run some cleanings to charge the head and get rid of the cleaning fluid.

Don't use the damper that is there now as if you can't get all the cleaning fulid out of it you will get the odd fisheye look in your prints as the cleaning fluid mixes with the ink untill it totaly comes out.

The head on the other hand should clear out the cleaning fluid in a little bit of test printing if it still has any after a few cleanings.

technowolf

my printer is an roland sp-300, tried the damper fild with cleaning fluid and its not better. multiple lines are still missing on the black test print and the others are bad. the result on black prints are fuzy edges and color not pure, black is gettting greener. Ive changed the cap top, damper, wiper...

sfr table hockey

drain lines are good and im still using roland inks, just dont understand why my black is greenish?

When you say black is greenish do you mean when you print a file or is this from the test print?

If it prints the black fine in a test print but when you print a black and white image the color is greenish it is a profile issue.

What rip do you use?

If the test print is greenish then you have contamination which should go away with a solid print of black (about a 1 or 2 inch by 24 inch strip should be enough to clear and recharge the head).

If your able to post a photo of the test print for the heads it would help.

How old are the heads?

technowolf

When you say black is greenish do you mean when you print a file or is this from the test print?

If it prints the black fine in a test print but when you print a black and white image the color is greenish it is a profile issue.

What rip do you use?

If the test print is greenish then you have contamination which should go away with a solid print of black (about a 1 or 2 inch by 24 inch strip should be enough to clear and recharge the head).

If your able to post a photo of the test print for the heads it would help.

How old are the heads?

Test print is black but greenish when printing, tried multiple profile and almost all the same greenish result, and the greys are so bad, always had issues with gray but now there very green.

Attachments

• 11262011153.jpg
    11262011153.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 228

sfr table hockey

That black head does look quite bad, which is a possible reason for the green tint as you are not getting full black as it should from that head.

If doing head soaks had not helped and running several cleanings with the cleaning solution you could try as a last resort to use a clean cleaning swab and soak with solution. Not sure the process you go through to move the heads for manual cleaning, but move them so you can push the cleaning swab up under that black head. What this can do is force some cleaning solition up into the head and hopefully clear some blockage. Never rub under the head just press up and release and do it several times. Then do a couple cleaning cycles and try a test print. If any nozzles come back do it again. If nothing changes then you may need a new head. If it had any head strikes, that may be the cause of the missing and deflecting nozzles.

As for printing grey, that can be hard to do although there was a link to a roland site not long ago in a CJ or SC500 quiestion for profiles and for the ecosol max ink and it even had, new to me, SC500 profiles which I had never tried. One of them gave me an real nice grey which I could only ever get with an Eye One self made profile.

Once again what rip are you using?

technowolf

last week I ran out of magenta ink during print so I went to see a guy I know in the next town who own's a sign shop so I can borrow him a magenta cartridge ink. Well guess what this was not the original ink, same cartridge but reffil. Changed back with max inks and back to black:)