• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Head Replacement kit for Mutoh

brycesteiner

Are there head replacement kits for Mutoh available? I know I can get the Epson heads but I'm thinking that there must be something tailored to our VJ-1324 that is prepackaged with everything that should be replaced at once. A replacement video would be helpful too.

Anyone have experience doing that?

FatCat

I don't believe there are any "kits" available as such. However, if you are replacing the head, I would definitely replace all dampers and at least a new cap top or whole maintenance station so that everything starts "as new" again.

rjssigns

Get in touch with VanderJ on this forum. He will get you hooked up. You might pay a few bucks more but that buys you tech support for the install which is priceless.;)

brycesteiner

I don't believe there are any "kits" available as such. However, if you are replacing the head, I would definitely replace all dampers and at least a new cap top or whole maintenance station so that everything starts "as new" again.
We recently changed the entire station when the wiper most stopped working. We probably should have replaced the head then.

brycesteiner

Hello VanderJ

Do you have replacement videos, or know where I can access them? I was wanting to see how difficult this project would be to try and do on my own.

thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hello VanderJ

Do you have replacement videos, or know where I can access them? I was wanting to see how difficult this project would be to try and do on my own.

thanks!

We don't have a video but I can send you the tech instructions on how to replace it.

I can tell you that most of my customers are installing heads themselves on those machines. The three most important things to do are,

1. turn the machine off and unplug it. Then hit the power button and wait 15 minutes. This discharges the machine so you don't short out the head circuit and pop the head fuse. It's fixable but just adds more hassles.

2. Make sure the head cables are in great condition and installed straight. If they are crooked it can short the head circuit. It's fairly easy to get them in if you take your time.

3. When disconnecting the ink line from the dampers, have some paper towel ready to catch the ink that falls out. It won't completely drain but it can get messy and you want to make sure you don't get ink on cables and circuit boards etc.

Other than that it's basically just taking the old one out and putting the new one in. You do have to do alignments after as well,

At any point if you get stuck you can call or email us and we'll help you out. Feel free to contact us with the info in our signature!