• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Wash?

Idea Design

I went to do a head wash on my 1204, and after you pull up the operation in the menu screen, it says to "Remove Cartridges" then to "Insert Cleaning Cart".

I do both of these things, but the "Insert Cleaning Cart" doesn't seem to recognize that the cleaning carts have been inserted into the machine. I seem to be stuck in the operation, and cancel doesn't work to get out of it.

Any idea why A) the machine won't recognize the cleaning carts or B) how I can end this operation, re-seat my ink carts and go back to printing?

FatCat

I had a similar problem with regular ink cartridges due to the smart card being expired. I would insert the ink and the printer would act like it wasn't there. Put in a different cart and, voila!

See if there is an expiration date on the cleaning cart - not sure since I haven't needed to use any yet. Not sure if that will help, but something to look at.

SE SignSupply

Why are you doing a head wash?

You can end the operation from the service menu. You need to change the ink flags back to charged.

Idea Design

At the risk of sounding like I know nothing about my own printer, how do you change the ink flags back to charged?

I also seem to not be able to end the operation from the service menu.

Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

Idea Design

I confirmed that there (for me at least) is no way to end this operation. My cleaning carts are expired and I just want to reset and recharge the inks to be able to do a normal clean and go back to printing.

Idea Design

I'm desperate to get back running, does anyone have an idea as to how I can reset this machine and end the head wash operation? When I go to the head wash location in the control panel, the only option that comes up is "Start" It seems to be stuck, but even inserting the cleaning cart(s) give me 4 or 5 beeps with the same screen, "InsertCleaningCart"

I have some stuff due by the end of business today and I need to start printing at noon.

Stealth Ryder

1. Hold down the UP, DOWN & RIGHT arrow buttons at the same time, and power the machine on.

2. Press the RIGHT arrow button until you see ** CHECK 8 PARAMETER ** and press ENTER.

3. Press the RIGHT arrow button to UPDATE, and press ENTER.

4. Press the RIGHT arrow button to ** UPDATE 6 or UPDATE 7 **, and press ENTER. {Depending on Firmware}

5. The LCD display will say: USER / INIT: NOT CHARGED, Press the DOWN arrow until you see CHARGED and press ENTER.

6. The LCD will say ‘UPDATE PARAMETER?’ press ENTER.

Idea Design

Stealth Ryder, thanks for that info. I don't know where you got it, but that is literally letter for letter the same as the SignWarehouse answer to my support ticket I submitted a little earlier this morning.

Thanks, dude. That kicks ass. Another on the long list of reasons this forum is such a valuable asset.

While I'm not a fan of the SignWarehouse online support being pay-to-play now, the very same guy that answered my online chat request answered my email support ticket in 7 minutes.

Stealth Ryder

It comes from the Service Manual of the machine... Don't be down on anyone in business who ask to get paid for a service, we all do that now a days...