• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

heavy laminator to go upstairs problem

petesign

dont spend $5000 on a new laminator and not pay someone to move it for you. Save yourself the trouble and just hire someone.

Rooster

Call a mover. It cost me $500 to move my printer laminator and cutter into a basement. Yes it was pricey, but it was some of the best money I've spent.

Consider this. If they drop it, they cover the cost of a replacement. You drop it, or bend it, etc, and well, you know who pays.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you have a large second story bay window go old school on it.
Just aim carefully, a second attempt might tweak the rollers a little.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• catapult.jpg
    catapult.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 76

The Equipment Guy

We do this kind of stuff almost daily. We have moved the EL with just 2 guys, but I would make sure you had lift straps, an anchor rope that somebody at the top could hold and an extra guy at either end in case somebody has to break. it should not be that hard. We moved a DC4 (Summa) up a steep staircase with a landing and having to pass it over a railing...that was fun.

If you do the come along/winch idea, you could just plywood sheet the path up, 400 lbs will be easy to handle and you don't really need to create a track, which could be displaced anyways.

The biggest hurdle is to measure corners and doorways right, but since the EL is not too tall, you should be fine.

craig

phototec

Next time you make a purchase like that, have the vendor include FREE delivery and set-up. That way, they need to get it up the stairs, and as others have said, if they drop, bend, or damage it, it's their nickle, not yours.

:thumb:

Next time you make a purchase like that, have the vendor include FREE delivery and set-up. That way, they need to get it up the stairs, and as others have said, if they drop, bend, or damage it, it's their nickle, not yours.

:thumb:

they flatley refused to take it up our stairs........i asked them several times and they would not do it period! they said it was to much of a risk for there guys to take a 400lb piece of equipement up our stairs.