• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello Everyone

Dean Dos

Hello everyone.
Newbie here - I am from the Toronto Area - been working in the sign industry most of my life - family business. My father started the business in 1964. He was one of the best hand-lettering guys back in the day.
Once he saw the old Signmaker, 12" vinyl cutter. he was hooked. He got me into vinyl cutting and went from the old signmaker (a 5-character display) to Graphics Advantage (design platform then Adobe Illustrator 3 which as you know now is up to CS)
When digital printing came out, I was hooked. (No more weeding LOL - or at least a lot less) We have gone from a Roland printer to a Graphtec Sherpa 64", to a Mimaki JV3, to a Mutoh VJ1604 (what a beast that is still running).

Been seeing this site for a while now, it has been very informative for quick help. thought I would become a member and say hello.

Dean

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Welcome,

I remember the 15in Gerber plotter with the little tiny red dot screen. Had one and upgraded to the Sprint or Super Sprint I believe it was called.

Don’t remember a 12 in. Model.

Fonts were $250 per cartridge too lol.