• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from a newbie in Arkansas

tatoojeff2

Hello everyone...
My name is Jeff and I presently live right outside of Little Rock , Ar. I have been a cross country truckdriver for 25+ years. I have wanted to get out of the trucking biz for awhile. I bought out the inventory from a "in-house" sign shop from a shop here in town that builds choppers,repairs Harleys etc. That took place about a year ago. I was always interested in "the sign industry" ,so I thought I could learn to do this and get out of trucking.
Well,to make a long story even longer...I was involved in a motorcycle wreck last December and have been "laid up" and out of my truck since then. I sold my truck last week and want to see if I can get into this biz ,a little at a time. I will probably take on another form of work that keeps me close to home and allows me to start getting my feet wet in this new venture. I have been "lurking" around here and a couple of other forums and have really learned alot just by reading other's posts and the answers to their questions. Thanks in advance for any and all advice and tips that you all can give me. I will also contribute in any way that I can. This place is great !! Take care everyone and I'll come up with some questions for ya soon...Thanks , Jeff :thumb:

SignosaurusRex

Welcome Aboard, Jeff! 25 years over the road huh? You're probably ready to plant a couple of feet alright! Best of luck to ya in your new venture.:thumb:

SignManiac

Good luck with the new venture. I can relate on the motorcycle accident end. Four years ago I was run over by a tractor trailer and spent six months in a wheel chair. I was making signs the day after I left the hospital and back riding again. And I'm still making those damn signs.