• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from AK

907customs

I'm Ken from 907 Customs in Alaska. Currenty I have a home based sign business. I've been working with Vinyl for about 6 years now. I started with a little 24" cutter, then up to a 42" graphtec, then added a 38" mutoh solvent printer. I have just recently upgraded to a Mutoh 1304 (54") printer, and Graphtec FC 7000-130 (also 54"). I also have a laminator that's 52". I run Flexisign pro v8.5, and have learned most everything the hard way. I have had a little formal color printer training a few years back, and have another refresher course set up for next month.

I work in the oilfield here in Alaska, 1 week on, 1 week off, so it leaves me with lots of time for tinkering around with software, and signmaking. I havn't done any formal advertising over the years, so my clientelle consists of word of mouth business mostly, and friends of friends of friends... It's been enough to keep me busy so far, but as I get a little more proficient at signmaking, I try to get a little more business flowing through to help pay for the new equipment.

I'm excited to have found Signs101 forums, as I have been a member of several other topic forums in the past, and I really like the networking, and the wealth of knowledge that is out there. Hopefully I can share some of the things that I learned the hard way with some of the members here, and maybe learn the easy way to do a few things too!