• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Florida!

njkreger

The Swiss-Army Knife for Sign Shops
Hi all,

We recently moved to Florida this past summer from central Indiana, and I've been working in a supportive role within the sign industry for about 12+ years now. I've been an "official" member of this forum for about a month now, but have still been getting settled from this move that I haven't been able to contribute much yet.

Anyhow, I own a solo coaching and consulting company, primarily working with sign companies from about $500k to $5 million, doing all sorts of things to support shop owners like:

Coaching & Consulting
• Simple business strategy and planning that's actually usable
• Developing simple systems to scale and grow the business
• Recruiting and get the right people in the right places
• Working out pricing and positioning
• Helping get legal structures in place to protect the ol' rear end
• Hiring and firing and HR things that only special people like
• Marketing strategy and advertising, both offline and digital

I.T./Technology
• Assisting with software like Onyx, shopVOX, Cyrious, Adobe, etc.
• Building custom RIP, design, and CAD workstations
• Networking workstations, printers, cutters, servers all together and making them play nice
• Setting up and working within mixed environments (Windows and MacOS)
• Day-to-day troubleshooting and help when things don't work right

Hence the Swiss-Army knife moniker...

I don't know the details of the day-to-day (e.g. the best material to print a wrap on or how to stick vinyl or fabbing a lit cabinet), nor do I want to (that's your job), but I can help with the other stuff so that you can be a better business owner and do your thing better.

~Nathan

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Welcome! There are a lot of businessy type questions and discussions on here that I'm sure you can offer contributions to. :bookworm

gnubler

Welcome to the forum. I hope you can help with business questions from smaller businesses.
I've been wanting to hire someone local like this who deals with smaller potatoes.

pro-up

Hi Nathan, I'm still somewhat new to this forum too. From what you are describing, we might be a useful resource to fit with your tool analogy. One of our clients said everyone sells them the hammer, but we are the only ones that swing it for them. We specialize in commercial ADA / interior / wayfinding projects. Our services are from takeoff to remote project management. Maybe we can chat sometime? Also, my friend is up visiting from FL and not thrilled about the cooler climate in NC. Good luck with all that you do!

njkreger

Welcome to the forum. I hope you can help with business questions from smaller businesses.
I've been wanting to hire someone local like this who deals with smaller potatoes.
It sounds like you've got lots of potatoes on hand where you're at. ;)

I do work with smaller businesses, and oftentimes they're my favorite because that's what I am, so I can relate. Don't hesitate to reach out with questions or challenges, I'd be happy to set aside some time to connect and help.

njkreger

Hi Nathan, I'm still somewhat new to this forum too. From what you are describing, we might be a useful resource to fit with your tool analogy. One of our clients said everyone sells them the hammer, but we are the only ones that swing it for them. We specialize in commercial ADA / interior / wayfinding projects. Our services are from takeoff to remote project management. Maybe we can chat sometime? Also, my friend is up visiting from FL and not thrilled about the cooler climate in NC. Good luck with all that you do!
Sure, would love to connect and chat, and yes, the weather here is VERY nice at the moment, unlike when we were unloading the moving truck on the hottest day of the year back in August and almost passing out!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

We recently moved to Florida this past summer from central Indiana, and I've been working in a supportive role within the sign industry for about 12+ years now. I've been an "official" member of this forum for about a month now, but have still been getting settled from this move that I haven't been able to contribute much yet.

Anyhow, I own a solo coaching and consulting company, primarily working with sign companies from about $500k to $5 million, doing all sorts of things to support shop owners like:

Coaching & Consulting
• Simple business strategy and planning that's actually usable
• Developing simple systems to scale and grow the business
• Recruiting and get the right people in the right places
• Working out pricing and positioning
• Helping get legal structures in place to protect the ol' rear end
• Hiring and firing and HR things that only special people like
• Marketing strategy and advertising, both offline and digital

I.T./Technology
• Assisting with software like Onyx, shopVOX, Cyrious, Adobe, etc.
• Building custom RIP, design, and CAD workstations
• Networking workstations, printers, cutters, servers all together and making them play nice
• Setting up and working within mixed environments (Windows and MacOS)
• Day-to-day troubleshooting and help when things don't work right

Hence the Swiss-Army knife moniker...

I don't know the details of the day-to-day (e.g. the best material to print a wrap on or how to stick vinyl or fabbing a lit cabinet), nor do I want to (that's your job), but I can help with the other stuff so that you can be a better business owner and do your thing better.

~Nathan

Both of you might wanna consider getting a Merchant Membership so you can hawk your wares.