• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello From Lansing Michigan. Again

dsbrooks

Hi,

My name is Steve. I have been a member here for about 6 years and have been primarily lurking and taking in all the great information. It has been a long time since I introduced myself so, I thought I would do an updated one.

I would also like to say Hello to Fred Weiss. I have been following your posts the whole time I have been here.

About me. I have tinkered in screen printing, vinyl signs, etc but have never done it professionally.

After hanging around here for 6 years, I have decided to start my own business providing signs, embroidery and screen printing and promotional products.

I am going to start slow and utilize some outsourcing as I learn more about the biz. The reason I am starting a business is two fold. I want a plan B in case the big company I work for doesn't feel they need my services any longer. Also I want to operate a skilled trade business in retirement. (not that bagging groceries at 70 doesn't appeal to me) :)

So, thats it about me. Thanks for the opportunity to say Hi..

Steve

P.S. If you are near me in Lansing, Mi. I would love to talk shop. and learn as much as I can.

Thanks again.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Hi there Lansing!

Please tell me Westside Deli is still there... the best pizza EVER!!! (I grew up in Bath)

dsbrooks

@bigdawg Good question! I don't know if Westside is still around. I will have to check. It was awesome.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome form PA......................................

Great, now I'm hungry for pizza........:frustrated:

prototype66

Hi Steve, Chuck from Lansing (actually Grand Ledge to be specific) glad to not be the only Lansing Noobie here!

Wassup Big Dawg! The only West side left is on the East side in Frandor !lol
still great Pizza though and DeLuca's is stiill here too!

Bigdawg

Just Me
LOL - that's the one we always hit. The one by Frandor...

brings back memories of the Rocky Horror Picture show midnight showings back in '79...

dsbrooks

Big Dawg.. Ours was Animal House at midnight down at the Meridian Mall.. Use to cruise Frandor and the Burger King across the street..

prototype66

He has been a member for 6 years now. Hardly a noobie.
Oops, so he has, my bad.

Actually referring to the "I have tinkered in screen printing, vinyl signs, etc but have never done it professionally" comment though. Although he has been doing it for a while just the same.