• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from the midwest

daveb

General Know-it-all
Decided it's time to say hello (actually just figured out how to start a new post). Little background... graphic artist in newsprint 70's to late 80's, hired by my H.S. art teacher who inherited family sign business, started out pouncing billboard layouts with electro pouncer. Done a little of everything over the years, hand lettered some (not enough to get good). Have ran Gerber 4-B, HS15, crane trucks (Skyhooks), Edge, Sabre 408 router, Mimaki JV3 160 and CG130. Proficient with Omega, Corel 13 and PS2 (sorta), stubbornly staying away from CS4 for now (we've got it, just don't want to loose my filters). Right now I've been with the same company for 15 years, selling jobs and doing my own design work, I also do all the neon patterns for the shop, for some reason nobody else seems to be able to catch on. I'm rambling, I'm old and I don't have anything to do this evening:Big Laugh, oh well. Enjoy my work and playing with the cattle on the family farm on weekends. Howdy!

cfbeagle

Welcome from the Deeeeeeeeeeeeep South.

Got a few head of beef myself. Gonna sell em now while the price is high!

daveb

General Know-it-all
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the hospitality!
Code:
Welcome from Hawaii (previously Zionsville, Indiana!)  
Great luck to you!
Good move! I'll be ready to retire in a few years, need any help over there?:Big Laugh