• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello

gtcway

I've been a reader for a long time (couple years) and just registered lately. A couple years ago I ordered a 12" Stika to do personal stuff. I didn't like it so I called the company I bought it from and exchanged it for a Roland CX-24. I've been doing mostly small stuff for myself and friends and occasionally get asked to do car/truck and boat lettering. I like doing this and everyone has been happy with my work but I live in a very small town and there isn't enough business to do it full time. I'd love to have a printer but would never be able to pay for it, lol.
Anyway, that's my story.

Flame

Dude, it's a fun biz, and you can sure learn a lot on this forum. Just watch out for that Fred guy, he can be pretty scary.

:Oops:

lol

Just kidding Fred!

Good to have you on here man!

gtcway

Well, I haven't exactly been checking in often. Just to keep up with anything new. I was at another forum in the beginning and got the impression that someone like me (a stiker maker:smile:) wasn't welcome. So I just stayed in the background trying to learn. I still haven't learned how to price jobs yet, but it looks like I'm not the only one with that problem:biggrin:
I started out working on boats and outboard engines but decided to move into construction (building houses). I also like to work with the vinyl stuff and painting, mostly boats and occasionally cars. I'm trying to learn how to use an airbrush but I've still got a long way to go:Big Laugh

Cadmn

gtcway learning to price is a really tough part of this business soo many different ways like houses sq.ft. cost plus difficulty etc.
making stickers is welcome tell us about your equip. etc. the only dumb? is one not asked If I can I'll answer but others with much more experience usually beat me to it & most know way more than I so go for it

gtcway

My ISP has been down all weekend and I think I'm still suffering from withdrawel:smile:
I have a Roland CX24 and Vinyl Master Pro. I find VMP very easy to use and really like it. I've tried some of the other software but it didn't seem as userfriendly. I only use 3m cast vinyl. I would only save a couple dollars by using calendered for most of the stuff I do.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA.

Great site. You'll get all of your questions answered. Some will even be correct from time to time. No extra charge.

:Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
GregT…

:Big Laugh

Ei die Gut in dem Himmel !!

Canst du michst gefluggen ??

Wow, Bird-In-Hand. That’s right around the corner.