• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help ASAP

149motorsports

User # should be on the key as well. 6 digits I believe. Is it a usb key? If so does windows recognize it when you unplug it and plug it back in? If not it may just be a key driver problem.

You should lose files by reinstalling, especially if they in My Documents. You may lose Profiles for your setups in Production manager, and any color tables you've created. What you can do is Rename the Flexi Folder in Program files, by just adding a 1 or 2 or something to the end of the folder name. then reinstall. That way you will have all the files saved if you need them later.

yes, i plugged it in and nothing was ever recognized. no it is not a usb key

signage

In device manager does the port show up? If so does it say it working fine or does it have an icon after it?
Could be either the port or the key!

Graphics2u

i uninstalled and then reinstalled it, still says the same message.:frustrated:
Sounds like a bad key or perhaps parrallel port on computer. Do you have a printer installed to that port also? Does it work ok?

I remember when I had a parrallel port key it was suggested to 2 ports, one for the key and one for the printer.

149motorsports

my machine graphtec ce2000-60 has a parrallel port on my computer that hooked the key and machine together as 1. i plugged the machine in and it turns on fine, so im assumping it has power and is good?

flexi guy thinks they key is bad, but then again tried to sell my upgrades to 8.6? lol

149motorsports

yes its not the port, it has to be the key or soemthing else that happened from 10pm last night to 8am this morning! lol... they told me they dont make those keys anymore and for me to get the 6.5 working again id have to upgrade to 8.6. I only do cutting, no printing, so what would be a good option to do? Thanks to everyone for their help !

signage

Co-Cut or contact CadLink (Signlab) and see what a cross grade would cost! If you need a dealer in PA PM me and I can give you a name and number! I will be leaving shortly but should be back earlier this afternoon!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You need to get your flexi up and running to convert all your files if you plan on switching to something else. Nothing else reads the flexi file format.
You need to look into the device driver for the key and see if you can find and reload that part before you write off the key.
Seems like SAi should be able to do more than just tell you to upgrade.
Put some pressure on them to see if they will step up and offer a little better customer service.

wayne k
guam usa

BobbyFosson

Unplug the key and let it set on the table for 3 to 5 minutes. I have run into several keys that have held a static charge while plugged in and not work.

While the key is on the table, reboot the computer. When it starts back up, plug the key and try again.

Sounds like a hoax but I cant tell you how many times I have had clients do this and it work.

If your Flexi is version 8.0 or higher, a replacement dongle is available from your dealer for $95-$125 or so.

If your Flexi is 7 or older, SAi will not replace dongle and recommend upgrading.

cajun312

If the software company can't offer a replacement key, doesn't that mean you can legally hack the software? I remember some company offering that service but can't think of it now, they had some sort of patch that made the software think the key was working.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thats a loaded question - I don't know about the legally but if you are running a single copy that you paid for on one pc I can't see that being a violation of intent of your user's agreement. Especially if the company will not help out for a reasonable cost.

wayne k
guam usa

BobbyFosson

Flexi 7 has been officially stated as no longer supported. There ends the debate in my opinion. (by the way I have a paid version of Flexi 7 and am awaiting my day as well)

Hacking the software to work is a loaded solution that will open you up to many issues, including proper functionality and file corruption risks.

Not trying to start a fight but would a competitive product offer an outdated dongle replacement for one of their packages that was 2 releases past current? Curious.

Steph_Stamm

Not trying to start a fight but would a competitive product offer an outdated dongle replacement for one of their packages that was 2 releases past current? Curious.

Well said! Also, it sounds like you've gotten quite a return on your investment if you've been running Flexi 6 since 2000! :rock-n-roll:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not quite a competitive product but I do have a high end 3D program with a price close to that of Flexi Pro (3k+) that was a few versions behind the current product and officially unsupported - with no maintenance contract.
Had a problem with the dongle key. They set me up with a new software license key - no questions - no cost.
I guess it depends on the company's definition of "Customer Service"

wayne k
guam usa

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
This is probably outside of SAi's control. Parallel Hardware keys haven't been used for a long time now and SAi probably can't purchase them from Aladdin or Safe Net any more. If you look at Aladdin and Safe Net’s website, the two vendors that SAi used for hardware keys, you will see that the parallel key isn't listed any more.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
My 7.6 runs off a dongle
Seems like they could get him dongle (for a fee) if they wanted to provide that level of service.
Or provide him with a software solution so he could continue using the program he has paid for.

They have my support - I just upgraded to 8.6 from 7.6 so I could run a printer.
What they choose to do in return is totally up to them.

wayne k
guam usa

Graphics2u

Well said! Also, it sounds like you've gotten quite a return on your investment if you've been running Flexi 6 since 2000! :rock-n-roll:
Really the return on investment isn't the issue. While I'm a satisfied Flexi user and keep updated, I don't think anywhere in the license agreement does it say we're only allowed to make a certain amount of profit from the investment made in the software. I feel it's just wrong for a company that specifically creates a program to use a key, to not offer some type of solution for this type of situation. If eventually operating systems or computer hardware make the key obsolete, then that's out of SAi's control, but this situation does not sound like it's out of their control (Maybe I'm wrong). Just easier and more profitable to sell an upgrade.
Maybe Flexi should come with a expiration date. :help