• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help, composer not able to output jpeg...

ddsignz

I use Omega 2.0 with my Edge 2. Recently, when I open a jpeg file, it looks quite pixelated. I then select it, (output all) to send it to print. A message: "File type not found". I tried re-installing the program, but no success. Any suggestions for my situation? Mahalo

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Select the image and click on the image icon or keyboard in Shift +1. It should be set to process color. You may have it set to template. To remove the pixelated look, increase the thumbnail color depth to 24 bit and the resolution to High.

mrmoto95

Along with what Fred says you have to locate where the original file is and tell the program. Like if you import from a disk you have to tell it the disk and file, when you send to print it should ask where is file such and such. Kind of a pain I know.

iSign

in case yu're not familiar with the image icon, it looks like a picture with a yellow frame, or a yellow bordered postage stamp.

mrmoto, I think 2.0 is when Omega started embedding image files so they become resident in the .plt file.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
and it's an optional feature....it doesn't automatically embed the file...you have to either select that option or set it as a preference

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
and it's an optional feature....it doesn't automatically embed the file...you have to either select that option or set it as a preference

The OP states he is using Omega version 2. Embedding of bitmaps did not become an option until version 2.5.

ddsignz

Thanks for all your input. I did what Fred suggested and it worked flawlessly! I think when I reinstalled the program, it defaults to the template settings. All is back to normal and I really appreciate the help. All the best.

Nate