• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Please!

SoCalN8V

We have a Summa D60, CorelDraw 11 and Co-Cut Pro. As many of you know Co-Cut uses a dongle to prevent software piracy. Well, yesterday our dongle broke and I had to order a replacement which cost $325! OUCH! We are making do with Wincut which seems very tempermental and cutting is going slowly and I'm getting frustrated. I miss all my nice Co-cut features. My question to you all is this: Is there any cutting software like Co-Cut that doesn't require a dongle?

3CGraphics

I have never used the bridge programs and cut straight from illy or corel - I guess there are features that the co cut does that the native software can't? Just wondering if you have tried cutting straight from Corel.

Steve

SoCalN8V

I have never been able to figure out how to cut directly from Corel. I contacted Summa about this awhile ago and they said that I have to use WinCut or WinPlot. Been using WinCut to get us through until we get our new dongle and I am NOT impressed. Let me know the exact steps for cutting straight from Corel. Thank you.

Si Allen

Call Old Paint (The guy with the funny painted van) ...he is "the" expert on cutting directly from Corel!

WVB

Well I know when I use to use a Roland Stika it came with drivers to cut dir. from Corel/Illustrator and another software similar to CoCut. However I sold the stika and upgraded to my Panther. Well I tried to cut dir. from Illustrator with the drivers Roland supplied and viola it worked flawlessly. So possibly contact Roland and see about getting drivers for Illustrator/Corel and give it a whirl.

Cadmn

ok not sure about your cutter but roland I use corel & by making everything with no fill & all lines to .01 I cut just greatly & have been for 3 or so years
P.S. dongles to prevent piracy is bs pirate write around dongles easily & in my teaching years in college autodesk tried using dongles & I really fought them on it as a dongle can & will Fail & to expect Me to pay another ridiculous ammount to get a new one is just crazy in my opinion I paid for the software once why the heck do I gotta pay more just to run it especially because of a piece of faulty equipment you furnished me. Tell me How many of you buy a car and then later on the ignition quits working so you go buy a new car for almost as much money. dongles can fail from a solder conection or your port on your computer.I had 28 computers running autocad at the college i was teaching at & autodesk issued a work around patch for us at one time . because of the failures we had we were forced to pay full price for each copy we ran they wanted to site license us for 30 less each but we bought full copies only difference was book & box
my boss agreed if we gonna pay almost full price pay the little extra & get the full package I had boxes stored everywhere LOL

Last edited:

Techman

Cocut PRO is a great plug in for corel. So many like to cut from corel alone but once you use cocut you will never do without it again. Ask me how I know...

I used cocut pro ver. 9 with corel 9. I like it so much that I got the upgrade to Cocut pro ver 12 when I got Corel 12.

This version is so much better. I' always use Cocut pro with corel. ITs a perfect combo for use with my printers, and cutters.

Smart cut pro and signtools are for amatures.. Spend that same money for corel training before you buy either of these two and you will be so much farther ahead..

ChiefBL

Hello, considering starting business. Checked out the Summa D60 for $1795 and FlexiSign for 1/2 off at $898, through Summa Direct. Excuse my ignorance, Am I to understand that I would need more than the above to design and cut vinyl? thanks

WVB

No, Flexi will work just fine. What version of Flexi are you receiving? Flexi Letter, Flexi Expert or Pro? Pro adds the RIP to the bundle. I use FlexiPro but still find myself going to Illustrator and just cutting with Flexi. There are some things in Flexi that work really well (which I use) but still export to Illustrator to finish it up etc.

Dave Drane

ChiefBL said:
Hello, considering starting business. Checked out the Summa D60 for $1795 and FlexiSign for 1/2 off at $898, through Summa Direct. Excuse my ignorance, Am I to understand that I would need more than the above to design and cut vinyl? thanks
Why don't you try Vinyl Master Pro?? It is a very reasonably priced package and you can get a trial CD to give it a go first. :help: