• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help pricing 2 reflective decals

islandwide

Premium Subscriber
I have a client looking for 2 small decals as follows and I really don't have a clue what the markup is like on reflective work:

2 - 2"x16" Decal
Printed full colour on 3M Engineering Grade Reflective Vinyl
Laminated with Seal Gloss Laminate
Client supplies print-ready file

Can I get an idea of what you would charge?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Shop minimum, be $50, $75, or whatever. Only you know what your materials and time are worth, but until the quantity they want exceeds your minimum, you won't make any money doing small items like this. (Quick guess would be about $3 per if the quantity was large enough to price individually- but it has been a while [years, really] since I had to check material pricing).

islandwide

Premium Subscriber
Shop minimum, be $50, $75, or whatever. Only you know what your materials and time are worth, but until the quantity they want exceeds your minimum, you won't make any money doing small items like this. (Quick guess would be about $3 per if the quantity was large enough to price individually- but it has been a while [years, really] since I had to check material pricing).
Yeah, this is really a tack on to a larger order we're doing in the small press side. I was planing on $75-80 as a minimum as I know they won't blink at that.

I'm curious to know what you mean by:
it has been a while [years, really] since I had to check material pricing

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Yeah, this is really a tack on to a larger order we're doing in the small press side. I was planing on $75-80 as a minimum as I know they won't blink at that.

I'm curious to know what you mean by:
I mean that my pricing per decal might be off since I haven't priced out materials in a few years, because I don't do estimating any more.

Johnny Best

$200 Talk to the customer and clean up to get ready for artwork and looking at artwork. ! hour.
Get roll of reflective loaded and print and them laminate. 2 hours.
Cut and put together bill and talk to customer again and make sure everything is good. 1hour
Total 4 hours. ( I realize Gino could do it all in an 1/2 hour) This is what they call racing to the bottom, if it is a real good customer it would be free.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
4 hours and you're gonna get a whopping $200 bucks...........

Lady called last week and needed a small banner. I believe in the cause, so I gave it to her for free. She couldn't believe it. Today, she brought in a 'thank you' card with several of the vets names on it and she brought me a nice lunch. She practically cried when I gave her the banner and was surprised that I didn't put my name and stuff on it. I told her, the giving of a gift is just that. I know it, she knows it and God knows it. No one else hasta know it..... otherwise, it wouldn't really be a gift, if I was gonna advertise on it.

monroesigns

4 hours and you're gonna get a whopping $200 bucks...........

Lady called last week and needed a small banner. I believe in the cause, so I gave it to her for free. She couldn't believe it. Today, she brought in a 'thank you' card with several of the vets names on it and she brought me a nice lunch. She practically cried when I gave her the banner and was surprised that I didn't put my name and stuff on it. I told her, the giving of a gift is just that. I know it, she knows it and God knows it. No one else hasta know it..... otherwise, it wouldn't really be a gift, if I was gonna advertise on it.
Amen, Brother.

gnubler

No one else hasta know it..... otherwise, it wouldn't really be a gift, if I was gonna advertise on it.
Praise the Loot! I'm with ya there. I do random donations here and there and don't make a fuss about it. I figure it people are genuinely thankful then word of mouth will spread around on its own accord.

Nothing turns me off more than big corporations who donate to a charity, say $50,000 or something, then spend a million bucks advertising their generosity.