• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!!! Pulling hair out!!! Bottom arc???

TC49010

Hello!!
If theres any one on line that could help I would appreciate it!! I am trying to do a design, text arced over and under center image. i can get the arc over but I am drawing a 100% total blank on how to get this bottom arc!! Well I get it..but it is backwards or upside down and backwards!!
I'm tired and just over looking something simple!! Any input would help me a bunch!!
Thanks!
Trixie

rmk_guy

Arcs

Try playing around the the Envelope option under Effects. I have played very little with this option for i use LXI. Also i have Corel 12 so i'm not sure if the envelope option is on 9. I'm sure there might be an easier way but theres my 2 cents worth.

Chris

Pat

Select text to path.
Select vertical placement, second from left and select second option ( text under baseline)
Select text placement , third from left and select third option
Finally select text on other side
Hope this helps
Pat

andy

Trixie,

Do the top arc text first. Then ungroup it from the oval you are using to set the arc. Select the oval and flip it vertically & horizontally.

If I remember correctly this is a fix for version 9- the text to path tool works on the basis of following the direction of nodes- by flipping you can reset the direction to get the under arc you want.

This is an ongoing problem with most versions of Corel.

Hope it works for you
Andy

TC49010

Morning,

Still plucking away at this and not makeing any head way. So far nothing has worked. I have 14 shirts to do today and all I need is this dumb bottom arc!! Please keep sending thoughts of how to do this!!

Thanks,
Trixie

H

HSG

In illustrator you have to draw a circle/oval with the circle/oval tool. After you have the correct arc, delete the top anchor point. select the text tool and place it on the center node of the arc. In my version you sometimes have to click on the type icon and drag/click it to the upper side of the arc or the type will be upside down. I hope this helps?

HSG

3CGraphics

TC49010 said:
Morning,

Still plucking away at this and not makeing any head way. So far nothing has worked. I have 14 shirts to do today and all I need is this dumb bottom arc!! Please keep sending thoughts of how to do this!!

Thanks,
Trixie

If you tell me the font (and I have it) along with text you want I will do it in Illustrator and send you the image. There are 2 'styles' - one where the top tays perfectly straight and the bottom arcs (or vice versa) and one where the text follows a curve

Attachments

• textStyles.gif
    textStyles.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 297

LabelsEtc

This is something I can never remember how to do, and usually waste a lot of time playing around with. I finally sat here and worked my way through it taking notes as I went...... seems so simple once it's written down.

In CorelDraw 9

select text
fit text to path
on the right side of the arc toolbar click the "place on other side" box. (it's an A mirror imaged on a line)
delete path
select text and rotate 180 degrees

Donna

TC49010

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, finally got it figured out after some one talked me through it on the phone!! I was missing one step!

Thans again!!!:U Rock:
Trixie

OldPaint

also COREL 9 BIGGEST PROBLEM....i dont know if they ever fixed it...was what your trying to do...move to corel 10 and you wont have that problem...or need the extra steps......

Techman

This is an ongoing problem with most versions of Corel
IT is? I think you are mistaken,,,

Other wise... for the text to curve option...

All these gyrations not necessary.... Not necessary to use corel 10, not necessary to break apart. not necessary to use "work arounds"..

Draw your arc.. type your text. center it over the arc select both. Under text menu click fit text to path..
Arc tool bar appears...
Then,, All you do is select that little "A" icon on the far right of the icon row and it will put it on the bottom of the arc. Next to invert it click the third icon from left and it will invert.
Then use the position boxes to move the text to your favorite places. Then after its perfect delete the path..
Just four click of the mouse. Takes about 5 seconds once you see how to do it..

Lance

Great stuff Techman, that worked for me in Corel 9.
I had also avoided this a bit 'cos I couldn't do it.
Pretty simple and basic if I had taken the time to look for it or heaven forbid, even read the book.
The info in this place must save a lot of people a hell of a lot of time.

Best

Lance

:thumb: :Australia

Now, where's that book ?