• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hem tape which is the best?

149motorsports

looking to start hemming banners, does anyone out there have free samples of their tape to try out? my supplier carries a handful of tapes and would like to see how they are compare. thanks!

KudzuKenny

Banner Tape

Hey all,

I'm looking for the best and most cost effective banner tape. I'm curious as to the difference between Lexjet's tape for $32 a roll for 1" x 108' and Signworld has 1" x 164' for $8 a roll. What's the difference?

Kudzukenny

2B

depends a lot on the weather you are at.

we are already over 100*f and the only tape that works for us is VHB, banner tape always separates and can't take the heat

We have found that ORAFOL ORABOND 1397PP Pole/Seam Tape works very well in our heat for the price point

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
There all the same.

Exactly so [but with an apostrophe as in"'They're"].

I use Oracal merely because it's the cheapest option available to me. There is cheaper but it would appear the those rolls were parted with a dull chainsaw. The ragged edges make peeling off the backing an educational experience. You learn how to curse.

Banner Ups

You might be best sticking with a company known for offering quality durable hemming tape for advertising campaigns.

MOD EDIT

Last edited by a moderator: