• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's a fun one...........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We just finished a Police cruiser and all the cops are out on call, so they told me to take it to them. 5 o'clock on a Friday and I'm gonna tool about 58mph on the bypass. No one will pass me. I don't always pick up and deliver Police cars, but I thoroughly enjoy it when I do. The looks I get. I even got up on a guy one time like I was clocking him. Only thing is, no guns, bazookas or grenades are in it, so I hafta make sure no one is in a 'take out a cop' mode. I'll have my carry piece, but don't think I'll advertise that little idea.

vrooom........... vroooom..................

Happy Friday and a great weekend to all......................... it's my wife's birthday weekend and we have almost every minute planned for the next 3 weeks.​

hcardwell93

I was riding a police motorcycle once and a pickup truck decided he wanted to be in my lane exactly where I was at. I hit the big red siren button and that truck came 6" up off the pavement and jumped about 10' away from me! Gotta love certain y
Toys!

bannertime

Isn't that fun? It's even funner when you can actually pull them over. Until you get into a low speed pursuit and they get away.

I'm sitting on a U.S. Kascerne (Army base) in Germany. Brand new police truck. Locals don't know what a police truck is, heck I'd never seen one either. They also don't stop at American style stop signs because their's are just a white circle with a red outline. So this local lady, that works on the on-base pup, runs a stop sign, nearly hitting another vehicle. We immediately pull out with lights and sirens. She continues down the road running a few more stop signs, driving the 30kmh speed limit. We're hitting the wails and lights, and she's looking right at us from her rear view mirror. She's not stopping. We get to the German-manned gate which promptly let the lady through. In this area we had no jurisdiction outside of the base so we could not pursue her. She was the only one to get away and she never went over 30kmh. Also, driving 30 minutes with sirens blaring isn't that fun. It gets old after about 10 seconds.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Drove a brand-new fire-truck once after installing graphics on it... hehe... didja know, those things don't have keys or locks?

Johnny Best

To much excitement for little Gino yesterday.
ginocop.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not a single person passed me on the highway. I didn't go over 58. At one point, I was at a red light.... poking around the controls and then looked up and the light must've turned green and all the cars in front of me had gone, but no one behind me honked their horns. Usually they honking just as the light turns green. Different world behind the wheel of a cop car.

Best thing I ever drove was an armored truck, built like a tank. It was for the local SWAT team and used for ramming houses and doing some pretty mean sh!t on the street. I'll look for a picture and post it later.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's always in good fun or taste for me. Grudges are never held and no one is wrong. It's just a make-believe little world, here.

:u rock:

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Years ago I was asked to do a fastback Vette as a D.A.R.E. car for a local PD. The chief was a customer of mine already for his racecars and trailers I lettered every year. He gave me the Vette keys and said to keep it for a month to do a top flight job on it. He also said I could drive it all I wanted. It already had POLICE in bold letters across the top of the windshield and a lightbar on top and siren. I remember driving it one evening into a park in town that was a known drug hot spot. I slowly approached a parked pickup with a lone driver in it. I thought it was funny when he raised both hands to rest on top of the steering wheel so I could see them. He was probably crapping his pants I was gonna roll up on him. For a few weeks I picked up my son after 4th grade in the Vette. His buddies always swarmed the car and wanted to see the lights and siren work. Well, EVENTUALLY I got around to lettering it, towards the very end of my allotted month of course. The chief loved it. They took it to a DARE convention where Mattel was there to select 5 cars to make a DARE HotWheels car replica. Mine was one of the ones selected. I didn't learn this until a year had passed and I was lettering another racecar for the chief. I asked if he had seen one of the HotWheels replicas of my car. He said they gave him 5. He kept one and gave the others to other officers. I asked why he didn't happen to think I'd want one. He instantly became flustered and stammered out an apology. I asked to at least get to see his and he said it was lost but soon as he found it he'd give me a call. Never happened. The Vette was burned to the ground sometime thereafter though. Ya see, the drug dealer it was seized from got out of jail and in one night managed to set the officer's house on fire who had arrested him and then jumped a fence at the police station and lit the Vette up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're kinda lucky the guy you snuck up on at the part didn't have an attitude like the other guy and burn your house or car for impersonating a cop. Whew-wee..................

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Years ago I was asked to do a fastback Vette as a D.A.R.E. car for a local PD..................

I might have mentioned this before, but I once did a white Trans-Am up as a D.A.R.E. car for the local RCMP -- it had full official RCMP graphics and lights and kit plus a graphic for the sponsor of the car (the dealership that donated the car for a year). I was just putting the final D.A.R.E. graphic on the hood when the RCMP member came to pick it up. As he is watching the process, he says, "ya know what D.A.R.E stands for?" and I, honestly not knowing what the actual full name for the program is, says "no...."
And he replies with a cackle, "Drugs Are Really Exciting."