• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

here's one you gonna like

gabagoo

I usually keep extra inks around, but sometimes because I am less than 10 minutes from the supplier I leave it until I need it. Anyways I realized Monday morning that I was getting low on 3 inks. The machine had not warned me so I had time, and I don't run my printer continually.

I ordered a black a cyan and a magenta. never picked them up on Monday , but Tuesday I had ordered some vinyl for a truck and sent my girl to go pick up the vinyl and the ink.

She comes back with the vinyl and I asked her where the ink was and she forgot and nobody gave her any. I said fine I think we can live another day. My magenta was at 2 so I figure it should be good for at least a day.

Late yesterday I get the go ahead to print a 14' signface with a double hit and I ran 360 x 720 and started the job....about a third into the job the dreaded low magenta beep occurs and I figure...lets keep going cause usually they last quite a while before needing replacement.

You know I had less than a foot left to print and BEEP!!!

Ok, my bad, I should not have started that job, but he really wanted it for today and with a double hit I like to allow more drying time... This morning I text my girl to pick up the ink on the way in and she does.

I start the Mimaki and immediately it wants ink. I slice open the box and find 2 cyans and a black. Get on the phone and ream the order desk, as this is about the 3rd time they have done this to me and send the girl back to get me my magenta. She comes back and I slice it out of the blue bag and I am just about to slide it into the printer, but I always look at the other cartridges to make sure it is going in the right way and I see SS21 written on the cartridge... I take ss2. My blood boils and I jump on the phone and tell them they screwed up again. The guy says, well I keyed in ss2. WTF!!!!

So now I sit here waiting again for a new cartridge.....ugggg

I wonder what they would do if i was 20 miles away......

maybe I stiff them on this invoice eh?

xxaxx

So go do it yourself to make sure its right, or teach your girl what you need exactly and have her check ... If you already know they have issues getting the right stuff to you, then i would put the blame equally on you and your girl

gabagoo

So go do it yourself to make sure its right, or teach your girl what you need exactly and have her check ... If you already know they have issues getting the right stuff to you, then i would put the blame equally on you and your girl

wrong!!! what if i had a courier pick it up?

These guys are a big supplier to the industry.....

gabagoo

this seems to be an ongoing thing with you barry!

yea they gave me ss21 inks a while back as well.... I bet they keep them side by side.... Mimaki should make the graphics on the cartridge noticeably different you would think.
just my morning rant

Mosh

I am 60 miles away from our nearest supplier...I alway make sureI have oneof each color on hand...can't trust them...AS YOU KNOW!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's real easy to become too safe in our own little worlds. I think most of us are at the mercy of a delivery service, UPS or something similar. Therefore, we try to have a few liters of each color on hand at all times. Never know when something stoopid is gonna happen.

Simply planning ahead a little better would prevent a lot of these kinds of issues.

HulkSmash

if grimco ever screws up, they send one of their guys over in their personal cars as soon as i call. Great service from them here in Denver.

ProColorGraphics

I always have at least 2 of each color on hand. I am 2 hours away from my nearest supplier. You never know when a bad cartridge could come around.