• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Fellers and Montroy.

Vinyldog

Grimco does seem to be the company most aggressively seeking my business. They have good prices, service and always seem to have what need. Wish they had Oracal instead of Avery, but I'm learning what 3M products work for me.

grafixemporium

Graphic Solutions Group and Advantage both carry Oracal. I'm sure they would be happy to fight for your business. We use mostly 3M products so Grimco is great.

HulkSmash

Love Grimco. I use Grimco and Denco religiously.

Both have awesome service. I'm personal friends with all the grimco reps. They invite me to go out with them after work all the time, and to ski on weekends.
The denco rep is a good guy, very honest and solid. I try to give both of them as much business as possible.

carwrapsny

The truth spills out from the horses mouth

Just got an email forwarded to me today. Fellers email to their sales reps a few months back.

"Everyone,

Please make sure all your reps are crystal clear on their response to any customer that asks about the email that is going around saying we sell to the public.

1. one don’t lie or deny it. We do sell to anyone who wants to make their own signs or wraps.

2. Nothing is different than at any time in the 30 years of business.

3. We have had individuals buy rolls of vinyl from every competitor with very little questions asked.

4. Unlike many of our competitors we don’t sell finished signs of any kind, only supplies.

Never run from this argument. Defend it with the truth. There is no argument for the truth. The reality is that in 30 years this rarely if ever happens. Our goal is to provide supplies at the best prices to people who want to do their own signs and wraps.

We are #1! This is what competition does. It starts these things and makes us better. We have grown through all our challenges over the years and this will be no different.

Please let me know when you have communicated this to all your reps."

I did speak to several sales reps from fellers about this email prior to posting this. While all confirmed the content, none of them would verify the source. From the looks, it came directly from the top and went out to all the regional managers. The comment about "in 30 years, this rarely happens" was in regards to the email blast.. not about selling to the public.

To make things clear, this argument about fellers selling to the public, has nothing to do with finished signs or even printable sign vinyl. Only the main bread and butter of us wrap shops. Why do I need to compete against my own installers, other wrap shop installers and non-tax paying freelancers? I'm sick of customers calling in and telling me that the materials only cost $600 for a whole car wrap, for me to itemize my parts and labor or ask me to quote for labor only. :frustrated:

Andy D

1 more vote for being a Grimco fanboy!

But I really couldn't care less who Feller is selling to, I have a hundred different options of who I can buy from
why should I try and limit who they sell to? .oo1% people out there are dumb enough to try and do their own car wraps,
I would love to to see a site dedicated to DIY car wrap screw ups. I can go online and buy parts to fix my microwave,
but i'm not dumb enough to try it. There are better things to worry about.

Andy D

Stupid quote thing isn't working!!!

carwrapsny

said
I'm sick of customers calling in and telling me that the materials only cost $600 for a whole car wrap, for me to itemize my parts and labor or ask me to quote for labor only.

Really? Dude, tell them to go f*ck themselves, your price is what it is, and if they don't like it go somewhere else. Don't blame fellers for people being pr*cks, people can buy wrap material off of amazon or ebay.

Zx360

Had a customer come in for a color change, spent hours looking at colors and gave him a quote. He emailed back something along the lines of "wow you guys make a killing on install, the material is only $400 from metro restyling, I looked it up when I left your shop" I looked it up and realized he was looking at 25' worth of material and corrected him on that, but told him "yes, we make money on installs, we take training courses that the general public hasn't and those and the years of experience haven't come for free"

The he old saying, im not too expensive, you just can't afford me...

i told old him if we are too expensive I'm sure he can google how to install a wrap just like he googled to find the cost of the material, no hard feelings wish you the best of luck.