• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Fellers and Montroy.

HulkSmash

Starting in 2014 something new is happening with these 2 companies.

Good job on listing all your pricing to the general public, and allowing anyone to order off your site, oh, and fellers is offering free freight on orders over $100.

I just quoted a guy on a matte black wrap. He said he can get the material cheaper at fellers.com

thanks for ruining our industry.

ProWraps

Grimco has just confirmed they will never sell to retail customers nor will they give them pricing in a public space.

We just pulled over $300k in business from Montroy and Fellers and it all just went to Grimco.

As sad as we are to leave these relationships we have built and nurtured, we can not buy from a company that openly advertises pricing in the open market and sells to that market while maintaining a wholesale>retail relationship with us.

Last edited:

HulkSmash

Grimco has just confirmed they will never sell to retail customers nor will they give them pricing in a public space.

We just pulled over $300k in business from Montroy and Fellers and it all just went to Grimco.

Vote with your dollars folks.

My Fellers rep was somewhat receptive to my frustration, my Montroy rep was argumentative.

just talked to fellers. They acknowledge they are our competition, and they don't care.

Jillbeans

Never heard of Montroy and probably have only ordered from Fellers about 3 times since they changed from Ameriban.
But what a great reason to never order from them again.
Besides their ridiculous catalog.
Love....Jill

Charlie J

Wow I just got on fellers.com and saw it for myself. Wholesale pricing to the public. I will no longer be a customer.

fresh

Starting in 2014 something new is happening with these 2 companies.

Good job on listing all your pricing to the general public, and allowing anyone to order off your site, oh, and fellers is offering free freight on orders over $100.

I just quoted a guy on a matte black wrap. He said he can get the material cheaper at fellers.com

thanks for ruining our industry.

So, let them buy it, and charge extra for an install. You really have to, since if there is a problem or a mistake, you'll end up eating it. Also, part of any business's profit is mark-up, so if you would typically charge $75 hr for an install, make it $110 an hour. Also, since its not your stock material, it will probably take longer to prep. More $$ in your pocket.

As an aside, who tells them how much material to buy? Is fellers saying "for a 2014 ford focus, you need 12 yds of wrap" (or whatever, I have no idea.)

I wouldn't stress about it.

HulkSmash

If any business owner think this is not a big deal, you should think again. This is elementary stuff.

Let's all ask fellers / montroy if they call denco or grimco to restock when they're out.

There's no difference.

JgS

Doesn't really bother me. I make my money by what I do with he supplies not by reselling them. The customer would still need a printer, cutter and the skills to do anything worthwhile. Plus if fellers sells more then maybe their prices will go down... Maybe.

HulkSmash

Doesn't really bother me. I make my money by what I do with he supplies not by reselling them. The customer would still need a printer, cutter and the skills to do anything worthwhile. Plus if fellers sells more then maybe their prices will go down... Maybe.

You don't get it. It's ok.

petepaz

frank is just being a DB now. used to be you had to enter your customer code to get the pricing. i wonder what the ratio is to new business he will get to how much he will lose by doing this.
used to buy a lot from them but it has quickly decreased over the years because they don't have the lowest prices and their local sales reps have slacked off. they used to come in now all i get is a phone call.(if i am lucky)

HulkSmash

I guess the silver lining is the Cricut people won't be wasting my time anymore.

It's just disrespectful & unethical. The manager told me we have the power of negotiation, and the customer on the web doesn't. So it should be ok. You can't argue with ignorant.

ProWraps

the issue for us was that the wholesale>retail model is instantly broken when a wholesaler sells directly to the public.

its rule #1 in any industry that uses that model.

i was informed by fellers that they ARE NOT a wholesaler whatsoever. they are a "supplier".

i wanted to clear that up because that is very important to know going forward with any expectations.

if they are not a wholesaler, then we can not expect them to follow the traditional wholesale>retail rules.

with that said, your decision, is do you want to buy from a wholesaler, or your admitted competition.

if im going to buy from my competition, im going to walk down the street and do it from another wrap shop. why go through the bs of having to call a fellers warehouse?

obviously we are not going to chose to do either, so we being ethical, can not spend a dime with a company or companies that sell directly to our customers. therefore, we chose to spend our dollars with a company that thus far has promised not to breach that barrier of trust and follows the wholesale>retail model.

we have a VERY long and enjoyable relationship with fellers, but this goes to show that one decision on either part can break that trust rather quickly. we do appreciate what they have done for us in the past, but their decision to do this is not only unfathomable, but very disappointing.