• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Fellers and Montroy.

the graphics co

While 3M can likely absorb the loss of a few hundred accounts, i don't think fellers can do the same. Talk to your reps people, this is a huge problem. If they decide that is the way to go, then they will have a lot less real repeat clients.

Biker Scout

I'm on the phone with them complaining about it. Most of the people on the phone are new to to retail pricing scheme. She had to put me on hold to get a better explanation.

Biker Scout

OK... here's the skinny. Was Frank's decision to do this. You are allowed to call his personal voicemail and complain, which I was told he does check. It's extension 2240

I left a very nice, and polite message about how I just got bit in the *** today from a walk-in who stated that they know how cheap vinyl is and they can just buy it online from Feller's.

The lady who helped me was trying to be kind and said that it's not really just the vinyl you are selling, but the service and expertise. Which is true to a point. But this kind of open pricing drives down the amount of profit we have been able to achieve in keeping our doors open. Cost of living is going up people... materials are also going up... but if I can't charge the industry standard now because people can just buy a plotter off ebay and some vinyl from Feller's and have their kid or nephew do it/figure it out, because, well as we all know he's a graphic designer and taken a class in High School... :rolleyes:

Please Call and Complain DIRECTLY!!

Don't let the man bring us down!

EDIT: (DAMN, I SHOULD HAVE SAID ON THE VOICEMAIL... HAVE YOU NO LOYALTY TO THE PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY THAT MADE YOU A MILLIONAIRE?)

2B

We just got off the phone with the regional manager and was told that it was Frank's decision and his alone for this move.
and proceeded to leave him a personal voice-mail also.

while I do not have a problem with having a retail and wholesale side of a business, most if not all of the members here do just that.
I do have an issues with the pricing being the same for both retail and wholesale.

My point is if he is going to offer retail for the prices listed on the website then when is he going to release the new wholesale pricing for the company that made him into the "World's Largest Wrap Supply Company"?

visual800

It always hurts below the belt when a distributor does this. This wont affect me personally, I stopped dealing with them a couple years ago. Any customers that go on there and buy their own materials more power to them, I dont want to deal with them anyway.

I was with fellers in the early days when it was Ameriban, their catalog was 5 pages. I stayed with them for alot of years. Frank served me well as I them. I hate it for you guys that this could affect and I will say this is disrespectful as hell BUT its Franks company and Franks choice, the beat way to show him your disgust is trash the catalog and stop using them.

mudmedia

Anybody who thinks that this is not a big deal really should rethink their position in the industry. It is a huge deal I normally buy from PSS and they sale to the public as well but its more than 3-4 times my price. Again I am not happy with that but if they were to sale it at the same price I can get it for I would be livid. Really this is a bigger deal to the solid color wrap market. Guys will flat out tell you it cannot be that much because they know what solid color film goes for.

In the Digital market yes they still have to have a printer, laminator, plotter and such BUT the simple fact that they know what it cost you to do a job is a huge huge problem. I do not do much with fellers but I can say that Grimco is looking better and better every minute I just use PSS because Grimco is 2 days from me.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I just called and was told that they have always sold to anyone. If someone calls up they will set up an account for them and sell to them.

I called my sales rep and hope to hear from him tommorrow. I will tell him then that i wont be buying from them any more.

And thats a bummer too... i liked fellers.

Biker Scout

I love PSS. I'm so bummed they aren't in my local delivery area anymore now that I moved. Faye is the best! She knew my name when I just said hello.

To me they are like the old hardware shops that used to exist. I wish there were more places like them!

klingsdesigns

If fellers was doing that and having it be there retail prices i would be fine with it.. but then i think we should all get a whole sale pricing too. Because of the f up.. they should make all new wholesale prices and offer it to their past customers.. total bs i think. I dont do a lot of color changing wraps. But that is going to hurt the people who do ...

2B

I would like to hear from the people who have their photos and names in the catalog have to say about this.

will be interested in seeing how it plays out with http://www.camowraps.com/
they have their deluxe truck wrap listed as $1200 on their site and Frank has the same thing listed as $839

fozzie

Been with fellers a long time. But seems in recent years they have gone backwards. Won't be using them. I'll leave a goodby message for frank.

tbullo

Superunknown
I'm putting my Fellers catolog in the round file.

On a side note, I,ve been getting calls for people wanting 2'x3' Signacades for $41 cause thats what the internet says. Never had those calls till I signed up on Signacades site.

Biker Scout

I just sent cammowraps an email so they can call and pressure Frank too.

Honestly, whether or not you use Feller's I think everyone on here owes him a call. You bish, moan and complain about tire kickers and price shoppers, and the industry going down the crapper. Well... here's at least one person that directly has a hand in systematically lowering the prices in the industry, by selling direct. (Even though cost of materials is going up, and so is the cost of living and running a business)

At least call and say something, anything... 1-800-654-8405 ext. 2240 <-- His Personal Extension

hansman

Its the WorldWideWeb.................
How on earth can you put a halt to the watering down and hacks selling anything, anywhere at any price!
IMHO it is happening to just about every industry on the planet.

I remember thinking of maybe getting in to web design back in the late 90s.
A client asked me to work up a quote.
After many hours of figuring out my time and handing it to him he looked me in the eye and said I can get it designed for free. All he had to do is pay the hosting costs. Now all the hosting companies do it. Think Wix.com etc.

How are you going to compete with that. I could go on and on.

hansman

Yes there are still protected trades out there.
Getting a license will help. This should help weed out all the bottom feeders...............

I really dont know how to use the same technology we all so readily embraced when it started coming out and to actually expect to get paid for things with any room for profit.
Anyone who wants to can just type a search topic in and in a few nanoseconds there will be an infinite number of prices to what they are searching for.
This includes highly specialized services.

Anyway I think I came off a bit harsh with my previous reply but this topic is a real stickler with me.
Its time for a cold one!
:toasting:

CreatedDesigns

We'll list them up with UScutter and the likes, I don't use fellers but it's to bad they didn't have a site like that to buy stuff online years ago (for wholesale). And as always it's every company for itself. Always have to keep the investors happy. But some times companies make **** poor decisions. Some make it back some do not.
I guess we will see if frank will sink or swim. But if the one's who say they will stop using fellers actually do stop that's when will see frank hurting. Can't wait to see how this one goes.

hansman

Straying a bit off topic here> if someone with little or no wrap experience actually thinks they can wrap a truck by watching a few videos on youtube they are in for a surprise!:ROFLMAO:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Straying a bit off topic here> if someone with little or no wrap experience actually thinks they can wrap a truck by watching a few videos on youtube they are in for a surprise!:ROFLMAO:
Come on, it's not that hard.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• truck-wrap.png
    truck-wrap.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 109

Xplizt

This thread took off to say the least. I started sending out emails only an hour before this thread started...

We can't just sit here and let this happen because as you all know, this DIRECTLY effects our business and bottom line. Speak up and stand up to overpowering companies who become money greedy.

I would say, it is too soon to make the decision of taking our business elsewhere (if that is what you choose), lets give Frank Fellers an opportunity to fix this mistake. Whether or not they were selling to the public before, this recent move is what changes everything. I personally love purchasing from Fellers. My sales rep is awesome, someone always picks up the phone when I call and they usually have exactly what I want at a local warehouse for pick up or available for shipping to my door by the next day.

Last edited: