• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hey Geary.....

Buddy

Geary...I noticed you said you use EstiMate software. Was curious what you thought about it ?

We were beta testers for that program when it first came out a few years ago....but never did follow up with using the program even though it would have been free to us for beta work.

I never did get past the feelng that the sliders seemed to me....you just slide the sliders back and forth until you see the price you have in your head to start with. That's sometimes how we price anyway without the use of sliders........?

dunno

BUDDY

Geary

Hey Bud,

Love it. Does everything and more than I need. Very pro look to it. My clients have commented to me on how clean and prfessional it looks. I like the job tracking feature plus the plugin for invoicing is cool.

~Gear

Geary

Quickbook interface.....mmmmmmm nope. Unless there's a plugin for it I'm not aware of.

~Gear

iSign

There is a quickbooks plug-in. I don't know the specifics of that yet though.

I have procrastinated for way too long in using Estimate after purchasing a licensed second hand copy years ago. I did get to take a brief seminar at the Dixie letterheads meet this October though & plan to make this the year that I put that software to work for me.

I'm a huge fan of quickbooks & already feel that my estimates & invoices have a professional look... but I am convinced that adjustable sliders notwithstanding, the benefit of having various material & labor costs already memorized will result in more accurate, consistent & correct (profitable) quotes in less time. I think the sliders will get tweaked on specific jobs that have less typical circumstances... but hopefully the majority of my quotes will become easier to complete quickly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ei-i-i-i-i... but that's becoming confusing. Down-right scary too !! LOL

mbarden

There is a QB interface. Allows you to send Customers, Vendors, parts & materials, and invoices to your QB. Sales & costs go over. Have been playing with it for a few days.
MB
Big River Sign Co.

MVIP

I use estimate with the quickbooks interface. It works great.

Doug, if you are using quickbooks now it will even download your cust. list into estimate. Real handy if you have a lot of existing cust. you don't have to re-type all that info.
-Matt

Geary

Like I said, I mainly use it for nice looking estimates and invoices....I had missed that memo I suppose about the plugin.

~Geary

player

Could I ask what version of Quickbooks do you use? I have the premier edition 2006...

I have not even looked at what it can do. Any tips?

Player

Geary

Say hey Player,

Since I've got an old old version of quickbooks that I put on my "Virtual PC" side of my hard drive (I'm a Mac guy and Estimate only works this way for me) ......and I don't import and export QB files with my EstiMate......let me just direct you to the "EstiMate Cafe" and recommend you do a search from this page. Just enter "Quickbooks" and see what you get. LOADS of great information on the subject by the good folk at EstiMate. http://www.estimatesoftware.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi