• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi All. Newbie

03mach1

Great Forums for info!!.

New here (SouthWestern NY) of course, or I wouldn't be posting in this section. Also new to Vinyl Signs & Graphics, but not computers or design. I already have my own side Mustang Parts Business and wanted to expand my offerings for lettering, etc. No place close to me that does lettering, etc...thought I would try my hand at it for small projects.

I Just picked up a Roland GX-24 cutter and in the process of hooking it up. It has some software with it, any other recommendations (Illustrator, Photoshop, CorelDraw?) that might be as good or better to use. (any tips always appreciated) -or- just learn the software first then upgrade?

Thanks all!! can't wait to learn new stuff, I have a lot of reading to do on here to catch up! :)

threeputt

Greetings from the great Pacific Northwest! As far as the GX goes, if that's a cutter only, you may not need PhotoShop quite yet. As you probably know, that's a raster based program suitable for print projects.

Great to have you aboard. Lots of good stuff here.

Jackpine

Welcome to the group. I would say CorelDraw X3 is as good as money can buy. You have a cutting program with your GX24 that would work pretty good for you. I have seen it worked on my friends cutter.

03mach1

Thanks for the warm welcomes.... :)
Yeehaa! Just Spent an hour hooking things up tonight, installing and...
My First lettering worked! Did some nametags and the Caution image....!
Just have to get the hang of peeling the right sections off!!
Neat stuff...now I want to stay up all night and label everything, haha!