• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi everyone, here from Fitchburg, MA

marcelolopez

Hi all, here I am introducing myself, and asking for some help.
I've been doing heat transfer and vinyl on t-shirts for some time now, then a few weeks ago I started screen printing, and now someone asked me if I could make a store sign, well, I already have a vinyl cutter, some experience printing vinyl in t-shirts, so I said to myself why not?
The sign has the old vinyl with the name of the old business, and I am having some difficulties to peel it off, any recommendation as how to remove the old (it is not very old by the way) vinyl?

Thank you:signs101:

jinx

I would go with a heat gun (hair dryer if you don't have access to one) and rapid remover - which will remove the stickiness.

eforer

Welcome from RI! I race rc cars in Fitchburg every week on Tuesdays. + 1 for heat gun and rapid remover.

stickerhead

As they say out here in SC...Welcome Y'all!

Heat gun, chizler, remover. Be sure to clean with 70% Isopropyl before applying.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK.
Heat gun and remover, If it is a plastic sign face you will need to use some vinegar to get rid of the yellowing.