• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi ! New here ! Learning with RVW 300 ip... NEED HELP Please :D !!!

Zazzess

Hi ! I would like to know: how can I print 120 pages of 50 stickers (= 6000) ??
(or ask 6000 tickers and cut after each 50 stickers ) ???
And why my printer take more than 1hour to load the job ?!?
It never did that before !!

Please help me !

Thank you :D

:notworthy:

Zazzess

Thanks for helping !

Bienvenue à Signs 101 de Winnipeg!

How are you sending down the job? (format, layout etc.)

Its a .eps I asked 50 copies of it (one sticker about 4/2'') so I could do my search while it would have been printing... does it answer :helpyour question ? :S

oh dear... RVW seem to load the job but the printer fell asleep several times ! :S :S :S

Last edited:

sfr table hockey

Is this a bitmap image (like a photo) and if so what resolution is the image. ( Example 300 dpi 150 dpi etc. ) Are you making a file in a program where you place 50 of these images or are you just placing one image into your rip and then asking it to do 50 copies?

If you have 50 images in a file created and then you place that file to be printed in the rip, that can be a huge file. May be why it's taking so long.

sfr table hockey

The next would be how much RAM do you have in the computer?

The printer should wake up on its own when the file is done being ripped and starting to print.

Zazzess

Tks for helping !!

Is this a bitmap image (like a photo) and if so what resolution is the image. ( Example 300 dpi 150 dpi etc. ) Are you making a file in a program where you place 50 of these images or are you just placing one image into your rip and then asking it to do 50 copies?

If you have 50 images in a file created and then you place that file to be printed in the rip, that can be a huge file. May be why it's taking so long.

Also how big is the decal?

Hi! Its a .eps 3,4 MB :S :help

Zazzess

First time it does that :help

I tried restarting the computer and reloading the job...

still this long...

Zazzess

Tks for helping !!!

So did this file work fine another time or is this the first time for this file?

I did a test first and it worked just fine...

But than I started searching how to do my 120 pages and I played a lil' bit in the ''job settings'' and the ''Queue A settings''... :covereyes:

Zazzess

Tried this...

I tried stopping the printer and restarting it...
tried watching if the wires are ok ...

Last edited:

Zazzess

How do I ...

How do I ask my printer to cut 120 pages of 6000 stickers ?? ( makes 50 per page)

And how do I understand why my printer doesn't load the job as usual ?!?

Is it :Sleeping: ??

I'm so embarassed !:Oops:

Last edited:

Zazzess

Its alive !!!!

It is working again !!

Ok please help !!

Tell me how can I asked it to do cut 120 pages of 50 stickers !!

PLEASE !! :doh:

sfr table hockey

Sorry had to do the lunch thing.

I don't use versa works so I am not sure how the settings work. In flexi I just stuck in a business card size file (115K) and typed in 1000 for the qty and it ripped it in about 3 seconds. Of course I did not try to print and cut but when you have one item and you change the qty to what ever number it should not take that long to rip.

Just to confirm, the file is only one decal with the cut lines around it. Right? Or is that file 50 of those decals and then you try to change the qty to 120 (of them)?

Zazzess

It is working again !!

Ok please help !!

I sent about 20 sheets of 50 stickers manualy ...
How can I ask 100 more without having to load 100 job queue manually ??

:D :D :D :notworthy:

sfr table hockey

It is working again !!

Ok please help !!

I think you are better to load that file and ask it to do 500 ( if your cutter will be accurate to cut that many) and then load the same file and do the same thing untill you have 12 files in the rip that will run after each other. This way you are cutting only 500 at a time and then starting over on the next 500 etc.

I would think if you tried to print too many before cutting the cuts may be off by the end of a large run.

Zazzess

Thanks for still being there !!

What program are you using to export the eps?

Can you set up the 50 repeats in that program and then export that as 1 file, then set up the copies in VersaWorks to 120???

I use the Roland VW Program.
I ask 50 copies of my sticker and I ask to cut after output...

I use Ai for doing the .eps file.

I just want to know how to ask RVW to cut several times in one job...

Can that be ??

sfr table hockey

Can you set up that decal in Illustrator? If so set it up with 50 of them on the one file or even 100. Then use that file (which should make 100 at a time) and ask VW to do it howerver many times. Again I don't think you want too many printed before the cut happens or the cuts may be off.

Zazzess

I think you are better to load that file and ask it to do 500 ( if your cutter will be accurate to cut that many) and then load the same file and do the same thing untill you have 12 files in the rip that will run after each other. This way you are cutting only 500 at a time and then starting over on the next 500 etc.

I would think if you tried to print too many before cutting the cuts may be off by the end of a large run.

:goodpost: I totally agree that is a great solution !
Problem is my boss asked me to do (around) 30'' long sheets.
Something I think too ... If the sheet is too long the CutContour can be destroyed .. ( excuse my english please) I think so ...

:tongue: