• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Hi Signs101 people!

LiveStepFreak

Just got in as a new Member!
Name's Alex and I am from Canada.

Already worked with my father by his business in signs with a Roland SP-540V and looking to make my own little something.
Looking to start with a Roland VersaStudio BN-20A, searching for one of them as of now.

But hey, thanks for the approval on the forum! :)

LiveStepFreak

And as a matter of fact, I picked up this big boy today!
Gonna start some time soon! :p
Roland VersaStudio BN-20A.jpg

gnubler

is that a BN-20?
i just bought one as well!
unless i live to be 120 i will never finish the list of "project machines" in my shop
This printer keeps coming up in recent threads. Excellent quality, but sloooow performance? I'm not a high volume shop and am also thinking about getting one of these to do die cut stickers and smaller decals until I step up to a wide format printer.

jochwat

Graphics Department
This printer keeps coming up in recent threads. Excellent quality, but sloooow performance? I'm not a high volume shop and am also thinking about getting one of these to do die cut stickers and smaller decals until I step up to a wide format printer.
As with LiveStep, Netsol, and you, I've also been looking into this machine. For some time now, actually -- to the point where I was thisclose to heading out to a distributor show today and get talked into one. The home / slowly-growing-side-gig-for-retirement office I have is very tiny, and I feel the BN20 would have no peers in such a situation. $5K plus supplies just isn't in the cards at this very moment, but... next year?

Live and Net, if possible, can you let us know if the speed issue is truly that horrific? Or is it just unsurprisingly "not as fast" as a larger, much more expensive printer?

LiveStepFreak

As with LiveStep, Netsol, and you, I've also been looking into this machine. For some time now, actually -- to the point where I was thisclose to heading out to a distributor show today and get talked into one. The home / slowly-growing-side-gig-for-retirement office I have is very tiny, and I feel the BN20 would have no peers in such a situation. $5K plus supplies just isn't in the cards at this very moment, but... next year?

Live and Net, if possible, can you let us know if the speed issue is truly that horrific? Or is it just unsurprisingly "not as fast" as a larger, much more expensive printer?

Should be starting to use mine sometime next week, Net might have a faster answer than me regarding this matter.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status

I'm running a BN-20a (due to space constraints and the outstanding print quality). It's slow, but not THAT slow. The real slow is the cutting, but the print isn't really that bad. For perspective, I just printed out some wall maps and an 18"x40" took just under 20 min. I've got a separate Graphtec cutter so I rarely use the BN to cut anymore, but it works. The cut speed itself isn't horrible, it's the up and down on the blade that sucks, so if you have one large outline to cut for example, it's reasonably quick. If you're cutting a lot of text, or multiple nested decals, you're better off with a dedicated cutter if you can. Hope that helps.