• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High School outdoor sign ?

Ldireprophil

What material would work best for long-term
Capture.PNG
outside exposed install?

MikePro

unless they wanna go super fancy with someting, typically these are just painted dibond panels or aluminum pans that are screwed/bolted to a wall with individual panels screwed/rivot'd onto the face that can be updated with vinyl graphics.
ezpz.
if desired, take it a step further with some dimensional school logos with painted PVC/Sintra and gooseneck lighting

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I think what he was referring to is sometimes a piece of glass or plastic can cook what's underneath it, or get condensation between them. I usually just warn them of that danger and use traditional cast laminate over the sign and hope it doesn't get vandalized.

MikePro

if anything else, people want that "cover" to protect it from cheese fries. 2nd surface UV print on clear acrylic could do the trick too

AGCharlotte

the OP needs something that can be updated w/ new records, so I get the glass cover thing. Depending on how it's done, updates could be done in cut lettering. Could frame it and cover it in acrylic/lexan some way that's moderately serviceable for removing to update.

unclebun

Look up church and school signs with vandal covers. Very common. Typically they will have a changeable letter sign behind the cover.

For a track record sign, you'd typically design it so that the background of the sign contains the lettering for the various events, with track or other types of holders for small aluminum inserts containing the person's name and time/distance, so that when records are broken a new plate can be made and swapped in.

Stacey K

I like making signs
We add cut vinyl lettering to update most of our signs. No covers of glass or anything like that...just a printed sign and cut vinyl updates.