• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I disable my SharpCut's safety sensors?

tedbragg

Everything triggers them and they won't let release after realigning them. I waste a lot of time fiddling with and waiting up to 10 minutes for them to finally flash green in WinCNC. Brings us to a halt every time.

Is there a way to remove them? Trick the table into thinking there's nothing in the way? It's just me back here and everybody is scared of it. No potential of getting body slammed by the gantry or dismembered.

S2S

Definitely not advising as it is a super safety issue if you are in close proximity during operation....although we have ours disabled for the very same reason...you need a volt meter/ tester to jump out or close the circuit.
If you have reserve...consult electrician....
Remove bars and you are clear.....newer machines appear to have addressed this.

Everything triggers them and they won't let release after realigning them. I waste a lot of time fiddling with and waiting up to 10 minutes for them to finally flash green in WinCNC. Brings us to a halt every time.

Is there a way to remove them? Trick the table into thinking there's nothing in the way? It's just me back here and everybody is scared of it. No potential of getting body slammed by the gantry or dismembered.
We bought a used one, when we got it to the shop iI noticed the previous owner had just taken off the reflective rectangle piece and taped it face to face to the laser piece, which worked.

tedbragg

We bought a used one, when we got it to the shop iI noticed the previous owner had just taken off the reflective rectangle piece and taped it face to face to the laser piece, which worked.
Good idea taping the reflectors to the emitters!

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
On ours (which is pretty old) the safety sensor doesn't need to be green in order to run, as long as it is red before it starts. This an option on the newer ones? Been a while since I ran a brand new Colex at my old job.

tedbragg

I've lost HOURS of uptime because of this stupid problem. So frustrating. Now it's worse -- nothing we do will make it release the safety. Have to WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT for that #$%@ red light to change to green. Then pray the vibrations and motions of the gantry won't set it off AGAIN. I hate this thing.

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
I've lost HOURS of uptime because of this stupid problem. So frustrating. Now it's worse -- nothing we do will make it release the safety. Have to WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT for that #$%@ red light to change to green. Then pray the vibrations and motions of the gantry won't set it off AGAIN. I hate this thing.
It’s an easy fix. Shoot me a message