• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I extract in photoshop and keep just the outlined object?

EndlessOptions

I have done it before but now I am trying to extract from a .jpg and it does a fine job of extracting but the object that I extracted is in a box and I need to be able to outline it for a contour cut. I have another object that I have already extracted from a .jpg that was sent to me by the same customer at the same time as the one I am working with now and he would like it cut the same as I did the other one. What am I doing wrong?
:help:

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
In photoshop, after extracting, select the background & delete or do whatever you need. Use Selection>modify>expand to swell the selection onto the background a bit if necessary then. Use help>export transparency to get it saved as an eps that'll be placeable with the selection transparent.

Cadmn

Ialways cut the object I want start new file with transparent background & paste then save as file with transparent background just did whole bunch of these for cd case inserts.

EndlessOptions

Ian Stewart-Koster said:
In photoshop, after extracting, select the background & delete or do whatever you need. Use Selection>modify>expand to swell the selection onto the background a bit if necessary then. Use help>export transparency to get it saved as an eps that'll be placeable with the selection transparent.

SWEET! Thanks, RON