• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do i get this effect with text?

sardocs

I would say that Bob answered the question exactly the way I would respond if that question was asked to me by any apprentice in my shop.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, this is really funny.

Someone who is in this business, but hasn't a clue as how to do something, wants to find out without putting any effort forward... it's utterly ludicrous.

I would sooner think someone entering the ranks of being a sign shop and advertising as such, would have a handle of doing most things and might need a bit of help here or there, but not a step-by-step detailed tutoring session. Someone which has been in this industry or at least a member here for over 6 years, I just think would have more on the ball.

My answer would be the same as bob’s. Give enough information and let the person learn. No one learns better than when doing it for themselves. Being spoon fed the information just enables the OP to never get it right. Why should I learn it, if these people will do it for me everytime I ask ??

More than likely, the OP could find this simply by using the ‘search’ button, I’ll bet.

graphix

i was all over the tools but you know how that is....Thanks all i will read post and see if i can do......

graphix

Ya know, this is really funny.

Someone who is in this business, but hasn't a clue as how to do something, wants to find out without putting any effort forward... it's utterly ludicrous.

I would sooner think someone entering the ranks of being a sign shop and advertising as such, would have a handle of doing most things and might need a bit of help here or there, but not a step-by-step detailed tutoring session. Someone which has been in this industry or at least a member here for over 6 years, I just think would have more on the ball.

My answer would be the same as bob’s. Give enough information and let the person learn. No one learns better than when doing it for themselves. Being spoon fed the information just enables the OP to never get it right. Why should I learn it, if these people will do it for me everytime I ask ??

More than likely, the OP could find this simply by using the ‘search’ button, I’ll bet.
i can't quit my day job but i do ok for what i do,do some people hobbie motorcycles,cars ,boats,...i do donate a little to the forums even though i don't come here much..it is a great forum with a lot of knowledge, sorry have trouble grasping photoshop ,coreldraw ,working 12 hr swingshift raising two wonderful girls and seeing they get what they need,yeah i have a roland (sp540) for 4 years and three sets of carts through it,two roland engravers, two plotters, toyota embroidery machine, blue max 6/4 work horse 6/4 bigred enono dryer blackmax flash okidata sublimation.richo 3300 16x20 heat press 15x15 press two mug press ,3"button machine 12 shear, chop saw,software,clipart,....i do good with the questions considering what i have..........people????
oh all paid for except sp540...all sitting in a 26x64 building thats paid for...i'll find other places to ask but i will continue to use merchant members and supporting this forum reguardless.....thanks for the help people....
just a little pop shop not wanting to make a killing.....own hrs pick my own jobs.....beside only 2700 people i am not swarmed with business but could be....

graphix

understand on hammering to learn but when you can't get it you ask the pro's not the ons that give negative answers...aggrevating enough trying to figure it out ,i was just trying to do this for a friend...to create embroidery file with the ioline 301 that cuts my stuff and like me she has to keep your phones going and i have to keep your electricity coming...lol it really didn't matter if i learned it or not...but i tried...

graphix

Have some self respect and just accept who you are, without taking offense when you get called out for it.
Like ! Just make you wantta to tell all your buddies about some merchants...specially the wrap guys... done venting Have a Great Holiday Season yes to all!! Hopefully see you next year...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I wonder if those bashing bob know how to do the effect themselves. And are actually wanting someone to give them a tutor on how it is done. yes?

Or instead of bashing bob. Why not write a tutor on how to do it so all the others who do not could learn how to do it. That would be a better solution and a better way to nanner naner boo boo on bob.

That is what I thought.

I will do a tutorial in corel tommorrow if I get the time to do so. Pretty simple though. as others have said, curve the text, distort the perspective to angle the text inwards at the top some, make a perspective shadow layer (about 54 ways to do that), outline text and shadow in white, surrounding border on it all. ... oh and 'football' is just a cutout of a banner shape that is welded to the surrounding border.

graphix

That is what I thought.

I will do a tutorial in corel tommorrow if I get the time to do so. Pretty simple though. as others have said, curve the text, distort the perspective to angle the text inwards at the top some, make a perspective shadow layer (about 54 ways to do that), outline text and shadow in white, surrounding border on it all. ... oh and 'football' is just a cutout of a banner shape that is welded to the surrounding border.
Thanks i am close now with the help of Bobby H post...matter of tweaking just could get it tilted right...Thanks..

graphix

The envelope and extrude tools. Figure it out for yourself. If I give you a step by step, you're not likely to learn anything.
Anytime you need help operating a 650 megawatt coal burner power plant feel free to ask...but once on the right track you'll be able to run it....

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Anytime you need help operating a 650 megawatt coal burner power plant feel free to ask...but once on the right track you'll be able to run it....

Probably so; if you can do it then it can't be all that difficult.

But then are you suggesting that doing some trivial and singular software task, and it is trivial, is comparable to wrangling an entire power production system no doubt occupying acres? Even so I'd give you good odds that I could do it.

OldPaint

oam with gino! " Ya know, this is really funny.

Someone who is in this business, but hasn't a clue as how to do something, wants to find out without putting any effort forward... it's utterly ludicrous."
seems to be the people who are all getting into this business.
i started with computers and COREL 3....in 1992. now there was no signs 101 or anyone who could tell me how to use the program. so armed with nothing more then determination..........i discovered on my own, how to make my roland plotter cut directly from corel draw!!!!! i also figured out how to cut larger object in the restrictive 30" x 30" corel desktop. not untill version 7 was the desktop increased to 150 ft x 150 ft.
i also was able to learn how to cut drop shadows in corel before they had the command in the program.
i always tell people who wnat to know what corel can do.........i tell pick a version, spent 2-3 years working with it...and you might have a good idea of all it can do!!!!