• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do i get this effect with text?

HulkSmash

That you should be so misguided to believe that it's the software and not the designer that produces "good" is telling!

If you want professional design using an ICC compliant workflow then CorelDraw X5 is what you need. Something that should be hugely important to a professional! If that's not important to you then go ahead and use Adobe with it's proprietary interpretation of "ICC compliant".

If you want production then skip AI with it's awkward and clumsy interface and artboard (or whatever they call it) size limitations.

AI is highly overrated and highly overpriced and those that are forced to use it often come across as a tad elitist maybe just because they don't know any better. I've used both and CorelDraw is superior to AI in many many ways and has been for quite some time.

Even Xara Pro is more advanced than AI and has been for a few versions now.

If you attempted to read the rest of the thread, you would realize he was being sarcastic.

SignManiac

LOL...Apparently not! About a page or so ago, there was a comment suggesting Adobe was the superior software to use, which we all know aint so! :) I'd put Joe Diaz up against any Adobe guru any day!

Techman

I'd put Joe Diaz up against any Adobe guru any day!

I would like to include SignManiac and RT Thomas with that list too.
I know there are more corel guru's around.

But we know where that discussion leads.