• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I remove CLEAR COAT.??

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I think someone did clear coat it.
This isn't my forte.
Post a few pictures. Peeling clear is a PITA. It doesn't sand off easy either. You just keep chasing it around and it peels more and more, if you have ever messed with it you'll know what I mean.
A dirty trick in selling things is to spray clear on them to "rejuvenate" the paint. It covers oxidation, deepens colors and makes everything glossy again. A few months later though, it will start peeling off. Maybe that is what happened.

decalman

Post a few pictures. Peeling clear is a PITA. It doesn't sand off easy either. You just keep chasing it around and it peels more and more, if you have ever messed with it you'll know what I mean.
A dirty trick in selling things is to spray clear on them to "rejuvenate" the paint. It covers oxidation, deepens colors and makes everything glossy again. A few months later though, it will start peeling off. Maybe that is what happened.
I think you hit it spot on. I've seen folks spray on cheap clear c. It's not all that common, with boats, or RVs..... but I see it now and then.

If I'm in the area, I'll go over clients house, and take picture. Providing they don't delete this thread, which is frought with cheap , petty, time wasting b.s.. arguments. :)

rjssigns

Now decalman said I'm on drugs or drinking. WOW!!! I don't take kindly to people casting baseless accusations. I have been nothing but civil yet he feels he needs to go on the offensive yet again.

Right click on avatar, click ignore. Bye bye.

unclebun

I think you hit it spot on. I've seen folks spray on cheap clear c. It's not all that common, with boats, or RVs..... but I see it now and then.

If I'm in the area, I'll go over clients house, and take picture. Providing they don't delete this thread, which is frought with cheap , petty, time wasting b.s.. arguments. :)
So, to fix the problem it has to go to a body shop where they will sand and refinish the whole vehicle. Probably cost $10,000?

decalman

So, to fix the problem it has to go to a body shop where they will sand and refinish the whole vehicle. Probably cost $10,000?

Dude.... don't you have anything else to worry about?
Do you think, I give a rats @ss about this potential job offer ?.

I inquired.... multiple reports came in from multiple authorities. None encouraging.
I get the hint. Not profitable. I got a dozen other projects to mess with.