• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do you select a %age of a pantone colour in Flexi?

thewood

With the object selected, go to the Color Mixer and set the percentage.

Attachments

• Pantone Color.jpg
    Pantone Color.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 104

gabagoo

I use the lens tool. Fill your object with the PMS color, then add lens at the percentage you want.

That does not work, I tried that first but because the one colour sits on top of the 100% version you dont see anything when printed.

gabagoo

With the object selected, go to the Color Mixer and set the percentage.

Thank you.... i can't believe in 4 years of using this program, this is the first time I have had to do this..... I have seen the colour mixer on the menu bar but never had need to figure out why I want it...lol
Thank you

gabagoo

Just curious, why would you need to select only a percentage of a pantone color?

I had 6 retractables to do and the file had some of the graphics set at 80% of the pantone colour of the rest of the banner. The file was not set up with the proper colours so I had to make the changes before printing.
I wonder though with the way these printers work and profiles if simply adjusting the %age of any colour actually gives the desired results.

Take for instance black...if you were to go into the cmyk settings for black and hypothetically said I want a 50% black and then re input 50% of all the values for each colour I am pretty sure the colour you will get is anything but grey or at least nit a true 50% black. does that make sense?

the graphics co

I had 6 retractables to do and the file had some of the graphics set at 80% of the pantone colour of the rest of the banner. The file was not set up with the proper colours so I had to make the changes before printing.
I wonder though with the way these printers work and profiles if simply adjusting the %age of any colour actually gives the desired results.

Take for instance black...if you were to go into the cmyk settings for black and hypothetically said I want a 50% black and then re input 50% of all the values for each colour I am pretty sure the colour you will get is anything but grey or at least nit a true 50% black. does that make sense?

you would have to convert the black you want a percentage of into a spot color, reducing all your values in cmyk would not work.

Baz

I usually convert all the colors to RGB. I don't trust Flexi's accuracy when it comes to pantone colors or gradients. I prefer converting to RGB... Or rasterizing into a bitmap or refering to printed color charts that i keep on file.