• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How far South....................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How far are you from South Carolina ?

Southeast Pennsylvania. On the map... about 8 inches.

By car, one way, about 12 hours or so to the border. Again, a little more than I care to drive in a weekend round trip.

Wanna get me some and I'll meet ya 1/2 way ???????????? :Oops:

d fleming

We watch the neighbor who owns several fireworks stores go nuts on the neighborhood from a lawn chair with a beverage. Well the wife and kids do. Most times I'm playing a gig on a Holiday. But not this year! At least not yet.

Pat Whatley

The big fireworks place I pass on the way home will have a line out the door and people parking 1/4 mile up the road to buy fireworks. Rednecks love some fireworks. The laws in Alabama are incredibly lax. You wanna blow yourself up....no big deal....runs about $27.95.

TheSnowman

They called off all the fireworks around here, but there's a pyro company that basically lives in our "housing addition" out here in the middle of nowhere, and the volunteer fire dept is right behind my house, and it's on two lakes, so they're gonna go ahead and do the show, but no way will we get away w/o a brush fire. It's so dry here it's unreal.

They told us to all water our lawns, and to have buckets and garden hoses ready during the show. I'll be gone, but heck, if they wanna burn my house down while I'm gone...I'll take the insurance check!

CheapVehicleWrap

Gino's problem is he's not allowed to buy them in PA because he's a resident. Even the grocery stores have a somewhat decent selection in PA but you're not buying unless you have an out of state id. Sort of forcing you to bring them across state lines.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino's problem is he's not allowed to buy them in PA because he's a resident. Even the grocery stores have a somewhat decent selection in PA but you're not buying unless you have an out of state id. Sort of forcing you to bring them across state lines.
:help No, even the grocery stores DON'T have a decent selection. They're just plain illegal no matter how they get here, but I live in the country and we've had plenty of rain, so for my own use, I won't have any problems. I just have to find some..... somewhere. Or just forget it and do something else.

:rolleyes:.......................:bushmill: hmmmm............

genericname

Wow, never would've thought it'd be a problem for you guys in the 'States, what with your laws pertaining to firearms. We can get fireworks no problem here, as a ton of those temporary shops pop up all over the place in mid June (our day's three days before yours), and they certainly sell more than sparklers. Pretty sure one of my neighbours stockpiles them, as I hear two or three of them go off every Saturday night, all year round.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, the decision was cast this morning.

I'm building shelves in the basement. Gotta get rid of this clutter, she said.... in one of those voices near the eardrum breaking point.

So much for rest and rehabilitation for her. :doh:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You're lucky, only 1 show here because of all the wild fires ....most are banned...

The local apparatus in my village has cancelled their annual fireworks for much the same reason although the only thing that they might catch on fire here is desert.

I can only wonder just what we would be celebrating had those that we are celebrating been as cautious as those doing [or cancelling] the celebrating.