• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long can I leave a head soaking!!!?

heyskull

Well I had a bad head strike on our VJ1604 today and normally after a couple of stong cleans it all comes right.:banghead:
Well today it wont come right I am missing nozzles all over.
I have gone back into work tonight to see if I can get it going as I have a huge print run in the morning but no luck.
So I have got some lint free cloth and soaked it in cleaning fluid and dropped the head onto it.
The question is this:- Is it OK to leave it overnight or will I have to back and remove it tonight?

Thanks

SC

qualitekp2

I have a Falcon Outdoor Junior and I was having problems with getting all the nozzles to fire properly even with many head cleanings. I then connected a syringe to the tube that goes into the waste bottle and pulled the ink through. I then left it for about 10 seconds so that the pressure in the syringe could equalize before disconnecting the syringe, and I was surprised to see that it printed perfectly.

I only pulled through about 1ml of ink into the syringe. Just to be clear on where I put the syringe, the ink would have flowed out of the dampers, through the print heads, through the capping station, down the waste ink tubes and then into the syringe. I hope this helps.

randya

Just don't get the solvent on anything but the nozzle plate and it can soak indefinitely.

I have found that this depends on the solvent used.
A fast evaporting solvent can actually dry out throught the cloth pretty quickly and can lead to more problems.

I prefer the cleaning solvent from the cleaning cartridges (or the cleaning solution bottle).

I like to rewet periodically, the whole idea is to get fresh solvent in contact with the plug in the nozzle.

After soak is the perfect time to wipe around the bottom of the head and the cap seal. Dried ink will be softened and easy to remove.

heyskull

I just can't believe one little head strike has caused so much problems.
I hope it is all sorted for the morning:doh:

:toasting:

SC

heyskull

Well I have got in this morning and the test print is all OK except for the black which has all but dissapeared completley.
I am panicing now!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have done loads of head cleans and even a little charge.
Help I have to get 20M of Print done before end of closing today.
It is 9.40 UK time.

HELP please............

SC

Farmboy

I hope your friends with local shops that have printers. Either that, our get a new head RIGHT NOW! Sorry...that's all the help I can offer. You might also want to bring your customer up to speed.

qualitekp2

This happened to me recently where my black and then color was not printing at all and it was the fuses on the main board. There is one for black and one for color. If you have new fuses you can put them in. Bridging them might work but you risk damaging more components on your main board.

heyskull

Well I went out this morning I had a couple of fitting jobs and left the heads in soak again.
I've came back and it works:beer:ROFLMAO::rock-n-roll::notworthy::toasting::brittain:

Now back to real work....

Thanks All

SC

SE SignSupply

I doubt a head strike on SAV caused all the nozzle problems you are having. I would guess you just need a new service station.

A single strike on SAV will not cause you to need a new head.

heyskull

It was pinting pefect before the headstrike.
It most definitley was because of this.
I would be very upset if a single headstrike destroyed a head.
I keep this machine very very clean. The head and docking station are as clean as the day it was commisioned and this has payed dividends as it will be 3 years old in October. With very little problem.

SC

I think you might of missunderstood him. The head strike could cause the problem and it would be fixed quickly with a proerly functioning maint. station. If your machine is 3 years old I would bet thefarm that it needs a new cap (minimum) , or a complete maint. staion. Including wiper. I do not care how clean you keep it.

After the head strike you ran several cleanings (or so you thought). If the pump was pulling air from a poor seal around the cap, you problem was only getting worse. I would run a cleaning and see if any ink enters the waste tank. This will answer the question.