• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long do most shops

EbsWeb5150

24 people looked

but no one responded to this one. I also did a search but nothing. Maybe I searched in the wrong area.

PMG

if its a full bleed i wait 24hrs or more..if not a full bleed i lam as soon as the print cools....no problems:toasting:

WrapperX

If its a Solvent ink you should wait as long as possible up to 24 hrs then you're good to go. If its a latex based you're good to go right away. You could google that question and would've gotten simalar answers.

Haakon

24 people looked
but no one responded to this one.

Honestly, with a thread title that only reads "How long do most shops" no one has a clue that it is related to either owning a VP540 or laminating questions before they click on the thread, so you could get a thousand looks before anyone with relevant background can answer that particular question..

However, we used to wait 24hours on full prints from both a mutoh rockhopper and valuejet 1614 before laminating at a place I used to work that had these eco-solvent printers.

TheSnowman

What Mike said...this topic gets re-posted at least once a week, and you'll get different answers each time.

Aklaim

Side question, do people wait 24 hours for eco-solvent inks, or are those good to go right away?

cdiesel

All solvent, eco solvent, mild solvent, etc. are recommended by the manufacturer to wait *at least* 24 hours before laminating.

Some people will say they don't wait at all and don't have any problems. Some people do some really irresponsible things and don't have any issues. We wait if at all possible.

anotherdog

24 hours if we can. depends on the application. If its short life I'm less concerned about waiting. If its vehicle I'll try to leave it as long as possible.

J

john1

I have found 12-24hrs works the best, I always wait at least 36 if i can before cutting to let it cure as much as i can

ismoreno

Honestly, I go as soon as possible (once it comes out and prep to lam about 10 minutes) to avoid dust particles on the film. Ive never had a problem with any prints. I also have a Roland sp540

MarioDesign

We wait at least 24 hours especially if its for a vehicle wrap. It I am just doing some coroplast signs or something where the adhesive wont be under a lot of strain than we will lam sooner only if we need to.

Edserv

Design-Rip-Print-Overlam
No problems so far with our MJ1204.
In Hawaii, but have not (knock on wood) had any problems with fading or problems.