• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How many of you do work for Fire and Emergency?

natedawg9640

Hi guys,

I was one post come up a little while ago questioning details on some fire truck graphics. Just curious who else out there is dealing with that market. Or who isn't that would like to be? Post up and discuss what you do for local depts.

TheSnowman

We got duped into something for the firetrucks that I'd never do again. We had logos that they wanted to use, but the company that sells the fire trucks has to do all the work themselves, so we had to print on their material (gold leaf) and they didn't hardly give us enough, and then getting payment was horrible...it just never ended.

We mainly do stuff for our Emergency Management/Homeland Security agency here. The cops do their own stuff, and the Fire Dept buys them premade.

Jillbeans

I've done work for a lot of local fire companies.
There's a sign shop near me (and they do nice work!) which specializes in this.
So I don't like to tap their market unless my locals ask me.
I do both paint and sign gold, and very rarely, gilding.
Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get these guys to try anything new.
I've only ever had one bad dealing, and that was via a bogus insurance job type thing.
These are the only pix I can find today.
Love.....Jill

Attachments

• mascot.jpg
    mascot.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 82
  • fafter.jpg
    fafter.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 57
  • nhdetail.jpg
    nhdetail.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 74
  • nhbig.jpg
    nhbig.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 69
  • h7.JPG
    h7.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

letterman7

Not too much work for the local fire departments. As Kraig said, most of the new trucks that are purchased come already gilded from the factory. I've done a couple "fix-its" when a panel was damaged, and one complete re-do when one company bought a used truck and both of those were companies that were local and never had an issue with payment or timing. I used Sign Gold on both counts, as I was able to 'upsell' them on the ease of replacement should something get scratched. When it comes to those rear chevrons, I'll let that to other shops that specialize in emergency equipment. I simply don't want to be bothered playing with reflective over diamondplate in many cases!

natedawg9640

Not too much work for the local fire departments. As Kraig said, most of the new trucks that are purchased come already gilded from the factory. I've done a couple "fix-its" when a panel was damaged, and one complete re-do when one company bought a used truck and both of those were companies that were local and never had an issue with payment or timing. I used Sign Gold on both counts, as I was able to 'upsell' them on the ease of replacement should something get scratched. When it comes to those rear chevrons, I'll let that to other shops that specialize in emergency equipment. I simply don't want to be bothered playing with reflective over diamondplate in many cases!

if they have diamondplate on the rear, we don't lay reflective on it...
here's what i reccomend for that if you need to sell a product... i personally helped develope it. http://www.diamondiamonds.com/

round man

Over the years I did well over a hundred firetrucks for a dealer in South Carolina. It included alot of gold leaf ,hand lettering and some pictorial work on some malteese crosses. Then one day the dealership bought a couple of rolls of sign gold and a plotter deciding they could do it themselves cheaper than they had been paying us. This lasted about 6 months till they lost most of their customer base and went under,.....haven't done alot since then save the occasional Vol. Fire Dept. here and there

Mosh

We do lots of local rural fire depts. They usually get used trucks from bigger towns. I tell them to have the old letering removed and I come in with refelctive or sign-gold.
Not much real leafing, as they are most of the time, on a shoe-string budget.

Craig Sjoquist

I've been knocking on a Fireman's hall here near by trying to get them to redo the sign. no luck yet, but they have a older Fire truck outside that was nice looking now vandals have it broken up, sad .

SCENEdots

SCENEdots patent

SCENEdots holds two US Patents; USD623,317S (round design) &
USD623,316S (square/diamond design) as well as being a
trademarked name and logo. This information can be verified at
www.uspto.gov (United States Patent and Trademark Office).

I encourage anyone who is considering copying an idea or product,
regardless the industry, to do their own investigation and research
in lieu of depending on a second party opinion.

My suggestion is to confirm the above information as well as
determing if Diamond Diamonds as any legal product protection
of their own.

natedawg9640

i might not know how to run the website but I can't find the patents you specified. I thought they were still pending? Actually, last i heard is that you (i presume) and Mr. Fienburg were still duking it out. It's clearly a different product, made differently, with different installation techniques, made from different materials.

Admittedly, have at it I personally have no preference who is the "victor" I was merely making a suggestion.

S

SignTech

Did a bunch of Fire EMS and Cop cars ... and served myself for 21 years

Sideshow

Ive been a Volunteer FF and EMT since 1993.

Certified in PA, FL , and GA

So with that, I managed to secure the Sheriff cars in 2 counties and the FD in one for all their vinyl

( dont charge the sheriffs though ;) never know when I need to get myself, wife or friend out of a ticket ;) )