• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to cut signatures?

ba1980

First of all, I'm still new to sign making and haven't had much experience at cutting things which weren't already made.

I've got a small job coming up and they want some signatures cut. How would I go about this after I get them scanned in?

I tried to import them into Photoshop CS2 and make a path out of it, then save it as an illustrator file, then import that into Flexi, but it says it doesn't have anything to cut.

Thanks

grafxxx

just import them into flexi and vectorize it .the other thing is that they might have to be thicker for you to cut them. i used use a sharpie and trace the sig them scan it in

Pro Image

just import them into flexi and vectorize it .the other thing is that they might have to be thicker for you to cut them. i used use a sharpie and trace the sig them scan it in

:thumb:

Yep Have then sign with a sharpie on blank copy paper and then scan and vectorize.......

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you make a path of it in Photoshop you then must export the paths to Illustrator. All of which is kind of the long way around since you say you have FlexiSign.

Just scan straight into Flexi and then autotrace it there.

ba1980

You guys are a lifesaver as it was making me mad trying to do the path way. And they are already signing with a sharpie :).

gabagoo

thats exactly what we do, make sure they sign there name on a full 8.5 x 11 so you can scan and reduce

Sign_Boy

You can also add a bit of a gaussian blur or median effect to help clean up the edges. This way they aren't so node crazy.

On a side note if the scan is not that dark "Black" convert the image to grey scale and adjust the color balance so it is black. Then do the above.

ba1980

You can also add a bit of a gaussian blur or median effect to help clean up the edges. This way they aren't so node crazy.

I don't have a gaussian blur effect in flexi. I only have blur. I tried blur and couldn't tell it helped clean up the edges any.