• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to do die-cut on foamboard?

razak

Hi there....I need some tips on how to die-cut on
foamboard? Hope you guys could assist me.

Thanks

Razak / Singapore

Bigdawg

Just Me
by hand with a knife... we just did a half dozen "dancing couples" on coroplast that I had to cut out by hand (what a pain!!!) but if you have knife skills then foamboard would be a lot easier.
Now if you are talking lettering... well good luck with that :smile: I don't know of any way to diecut it and it would be a nightmare to try to cut out exactly. Maybe someone else has a trick for it...

toucan_graphics

Alot depends on the cutter you have. Some machines will cut on rigid media, which can give you an outline to trace with your knife. This is how I die cut my magnetic signs (i.e ribbons, scrolls etc)
The cutter cuts about halfway through the medis and I finish it off with a good knife.

If your cutter does not cut rigid material, the it's the old fasioned way like the rest of us.